Monday, August 13, 2018

Flashback Friday

Aug 1988:
Burnout!
Near the end of the session, working 50+ hours, studying, and juggling my love life took its toll.  After two wonderful weeks with J, I called it off, especially after one selfish night of going out with E and DB, then knocking on J's door at midnight.  I woke up the next morning and asked myself what the hell I was doing.....and decided to stop seeing J.  Especially after DB bought me a 1st Promise ring.

I also got testy at work, so Betty very nicely took me off the schedule for a week.  I went home to rest and relax before tackling my final year at BSU.

I needed that week off, to recharge.  I had survived my trying year, of taking more Gen Studies courses, and could now focus on my final 3 classes.  I was ready to tackle my senior year, with a Promise ring on my finger, and high hopes!  I could do this, right?

DB had moved into Vigo Hall, 'the campus Hilton', sharing room with NK.

Next Month:  Enjoying Being A Senior:)

************
Present Day:
Heading back to Lafayette today!  School began yesterday, with Alex in 1st grade with Mrs. Bradburn and in Rm 5 of Washington Christian Center, since Vigo is being renovated this year.  Took her to BTS night Tues, and things seemed to go well.  Only two kids from her kdgn class are in her room, but I think she'll be okay.  We have until Christmas to get her reading level up to par:)

No comments: