Friday, September 28, 2018

Flashback Friday, BB20, and Survivor Catch Up

Sept 2008:
Toddler (now referred to as 'Youngling') returned to Head Start, and I decided to defend my position on Policy Council.  Two other moms decided to run, and I was very surprised and a little hurt, that I wasn't elected.  Why not keep The Veteran on the council, since it's her final year?

While speaking to people afterward, they weren't even sure my name had been mentioned!  But at least I had my Tuesday nights back again....

I also attended the Tri-County Book Signing Event at Washington Square Mall in Evansville, In.  I was on the front row; BC Brown near the back.  Jamie Carie was at the opposite end of my row, and I bought her 2nd book, The Dutchess and the Dragon.  Sold 5 books at that event:)

Next Month:  Halloween!

***********
Present Day:
Took my daughter to S-n-S last night, and we ended up having a long-overdue heart-to-heart.  Turns out my sweet child had 3 miscarriages two years ago, and I'd only known about one.  She's handling it a great deal better than I would have.....I'm choosing to think of it as a blessing in disguise.  She and her then-boyfriend were sooooo not ready for another child!

I'm very thankful she's back on Depo shots.

Also found out she's thinking of making an entire Life Change next spring.  On one hand, I'm happy; on the other, it would mean I would only see her once a year, if that much.   Still, it's in God's hands.

BB20
The final 3 were JC, Kaycee, and Tyler.  Tyler won Pt 1, Kaycee Pt 2.  Round 3 had them tied, and Kaycee won the tie-breaker.  She evicted JC and took T to the end.

When Dr. Will polled the Jury, it sounded as if Kaycee had everyone's vote, and I was right!  Again, it was tied, and Bayleigh voted for K.  T did win Favorite Housegues.

Shaggy did something asinine....he proposed to B, even though they'd not seen each other for nearly 3 months!  They'd only spent ONE MONTH together!  I give it 6 months, and if they do follow through, I don't think it will last.  Although, they're both selfish and drama-oriented, so who knows....

They're bringing back Celebrity BB in January or Feb, so I'm anxious to see who's stupid crazy to sign up.

Survivor David vs Goliath
Two teams, one brawnier and more successful than the other.  'David' won the 1st challenge, and was awarded the shelter logs. 

Over at Goliath, one guy found the Hidden Immunity Idol; Natalie was getting on everyone's nerves by barking orders left and right.

Over at David, Nick irritated people by not helping, and Pat's off-color jokes were raising some eyebrows.

Goliath won the Immunity Challenge, and Nick's name was being tossed around at David.  HOWEVER......during the ride back to camp, the waves were rough from the storm and Pat was jostled, hurting his back.  Medical was called; they pulled him from the game for X-rays.  No tribal council, and Nick has no idea he just dodged a bullet!

During the previews, it looks as if Goliath may throw a challenge just to get rid of Natalie!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: