Monday, October 1, 2018

Oct 2018

Is it just me, or did September drag?  Of course, I spent so much time running back and forth to Lafayette....is it any wonder I don't know if I'm coming or going?

So What DID I Do Last Month?
-Do well at ISU-Con Day #2:  Sold 2; Day #3:  Sold 2; Total:  8  Tied my InConJunction total:)
-Do well at 1st Friday  Ugh.....rain out.  Did hand out 9 copies of the 'sneak peek' and found out a woman had TP on her kindle, but hadn't read it yet!  YAY!
-Do well at Eminence Harvest Fest  Sold 4:)
-Do well at Vandeburgh Craft Fair  Sold 9:)  7 Sat, 2 Sun.  Reversal of last year, lol!
-Successfully move all books to KDP  Check:)
-Have a successful launch of Whispers  Oct 20th
-Finish cleaning out Green House  Not yet
-Finish cleaning out front room and DRM of Brown House  Getting closer...
-Resume clearing out magazines in Brown House  Check:)
-Order more AU inventory  Check:)

Neck Update:  Continuing to improve:)

Ankle/Achilles Tendon:  Apparently, when I chose to walk to my CHRP meeting, then walk home from choir practice on 9/12, I strained my achilles tendon area.  This area has bothered me off and on throughout the summer, but normally I can walk out the stiffness.  Not on the 15th....I limped all over Eminence school during the Harvest Fest.  Mom's friend Marian, who's a former sports trainer, told me to do some exercises, which have helped.  However, I've discovered the problem MAY be connected to my tennis shoes.....the temps turned cooler, so I wore my riding boots all weekend, with no limping, and a little discomfort.  Barefoot doesn't seem to bother it.  But my year-old tennies....well, it might mean I need another pair!  More on this later.

Books Sold:  17, as compared to last year's 24.  But in all fairness, I only sold 4 at EHF, as compared to last year's 9.

Books Read:  7
            Print:  5
        E-Book:  2

Karaoke Songs Added:  14
                            Thurs:  4
                                 Sat:  10

October Goals:
-Mail HS to customers (check!) and TP to Harlie
-Enjoy Imaginarium!  Didn't sell any books last year, so no expectations other than to do well on my panels and enjoy catching up with friends!  Last year, our goal was to expose Brooke and Nancy to everyone....Nancy sold one book and Brooke was picked up by a publisher:) Sold 1, but had a great time seeing everyone!
-Take more things to auction from Brown House
-Finish cleaning out Brown House front room and re-organizing front bedroom
-Finish cleaning out Green House
-Have successful launch of Whispers Had 8 others show up for our Open Mic/Launch Party, but books never arrived from Amazon.  Still, a good night was had by all:)
-Do well at Collections Carnivals Craft Fair on the 27th Sold 7:)
-Have enjoyable time with Ghost Hunters  Postponed til after the first of the year.
-Send Suzanne check for ICTAH show Check:)
-Buy Whispers inventory Buying on consignment until more $$ comes in!
-Buy WHH inventory
-Decide on cover art (check!) and pay for it (Catered Romance)
-Decide on costume for Halloween Going as Little Red Riding Hood :)

October Reading Schedule:
Print:
Wired-Julie Garwood  Very good!
Skip Quincy, Shortstop-Jean Joachim  DRR!  Loved this!
Will Grant, Center Field-JJ  DRR!  Loved this one also!!!
House Sitter's Christmas-JJ  DRR!  A wonderful short, sweet story!
Conversations with Caris-George Kramer  Cute collection!  Just wish the formatting would have been better.  Looking forward to Caris the Teenage Years:)
Cat Magic-Lydia Sherrer DNF

Karaoke Songs:
Thurs:
Wild Wild Life-The Talking Heads There were parts that weren't too bad, but overall....ugh.
Wild Wild West-Escape Club Slightly scratchy, but otherwise good:)  I also now know the words to the spoken part in the middle!!
No One Like You-Scorpions Rocked the bar!
Borderline-Madonna Not too awful; camera batteries died during final chorus.
Will You Be There-Heart  Did well:)
Love The Way You Lie-Rhianna/Eminem Between me, Gary, Richard, and Cooper, we nailed this one!  Was complimented!
No Son of Mine-Genesis  Think it sounded good!

Sat:
R.O.C.K. in the USA-John Mellencamp Wasn't too bad:)
Radio Gaga-Queen  Did well!
Radioactive-Imagine Dragons????  DNH
Rainbow Connection-Muppets Ended up singing an octave higher....not too bad!
Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head-BJ Thomas Bleh....too low, which is too bad; I love this song!
Rainy Days and Mondays-Carpenters Thought I sang it pretty good:)  Now to see if I can get the vid from my phone to YouTube.....forgot to take the camera.  10/27:  Resang it with the camera on:)
Raise Your Glass-Pink DNH
Ramblin' Man-Allman Bros  Nailed it:)
Rapture-Blondie Did VERY well; surprised the people at my table with my ability to rap, lol!





No comments: