Friday, November 2, 2018

Flashback Friday: Home Improvements Continue.....

Nov 1978:
The next phase of our home remodel plan was to replace the wood tile in the family room with carpeting.  The salesman arrived and showed Mom several samples....the one she decided on was a two-tone blue, and his pitch was, 'if you spill anything, say coffee for example, then you can just rub the nap the other way and it won't show!'  I liked the color; Mom liked the color, so it was ordered:)  I was also thrilled to learn we were also getting carpet in the kitchen.  No more mopping that floor!

I think Thanksgiving was spent at Great-Grandma Geis's house, with Uncle Ed, Aunt Cheryl, and my cousins Tammy, Richie, and Chad.

This might have also been the year (not the month...think I left this tidbit out??) that Tammy and I spent time at each other's houses.  T sleepwalked at ours; Mom found her in my closet, flipping the light switch on and off.  When I was her house, I went to cheerleading practice and learned some new cheers, plus we rode bikes in her neighborhood, and I got hopelessly lost.  Finally a neighbor recognized my plight and showed me the way to the right street.  I followed her car up a hill and down the next street; I thought that hill led to a dead end!  This experience led me to remember my landmarks better.

Next Month:  1st choir concert, my 13th birthday, and Christmas!

***********
Present Day:
I'm still trying to catch up with my NBC, CBS, and ABC shows online.  Discovered I'd only seen the 1st episode of Manifest, so have two more episodes to watch, plus 2 of New Amsterdam, and I'm caught up.  Today, we want to go early vote, then I plan to plop myself at the computer or Kindle, and watch last night's CBS comedies, plus SVU and maybe even catch up on The Connors (formally known as Roseanne).  When will I get the DVR'd 70's shows (Charlie's Angels, Different Strokes, The Facts of Life, and The Jeffersons)?  Hopefully this weekend!  I was all caught up two weeks ago, ugh.

I'm also getting ready to send my trifold pamphlet to Office Max for printing.  I plan to hand out the rest of my Sneak Peeks before handing out the pamphlet at the Indpls Christmas Gift and Hobby Show.  Last year I was given 10 tickets to hand out; this year, was only given 4.  Sent two to my cousin (next week's her birthday, plus she's been out of work for several months and finally got a job last month) and the other two to a friend I've not seen in over 18 years.  Going to irritate another pair who have come to *expect* tickets, but since they're both employed, they can pay their own way for a 2nd year.  I've provided the link to the discount offer, so no guilt there.

Voting Today:
I'm pretty sure who I'm voting for in all races except the Senate.  I'm not happy with Donally voting with the Dems against the new Supreme Court Justice, but I'm also no thrilled with reports of Braun wanting to raise health premiums on people over 65 and instituting pre-existing conditions on health care.  I have one of these pre-existing conditions, and only 12 years away from 65, so thinking I might just vote Libertarian and put the rest in God's hands.  I don't know.  Maybe I'll google him and see if the claims are false?  One one hand, I LIKE a senator who's not afraid to step across the aisle, but Donnally's been doing it on the wrong issues (imho).

Check back next Wednesday, when I'll hopefully remember to post election results.

Anyway, have a wonderful day and a safe weekend!  It rained all day yesterday, so really hoping we have clear weather for tonight's Art Walk.  I'll be in front of the Open Gallery with my books, and I THINK I've already sold 2 copies of Whispers!  Which knocks me down to twelve.  I may have to 'borrow' some from either Ben or Nancy to take next week, or hope someone will be willing to preorder, like last year???

No comments: