Friday, August 16, 2019

Flashback Friday: New Job and New Boyfriend!

Aug 1989:
BM and I were seeing less and less of each other; JL surprised me at work and we spent the evening together, and he even drove to Lafayette just to watch the Cubs baseball game with me.  I'd never had a guy go that far out of his way to be with me, and was impressed.  We went to see the movie Parenthood, and he was happy to discover I wasn't a female who picked at her food in front of the opposite sex, when we shared a pizza afterward.  Discovered JL was a virgin, so agreed no 'relations'.

The next week, Crossroads Rehab offered me an interview as a driver, and when asked how well I knew the city, I know Divine Intervention stepped in, because I started naming the areas I was familiar with when all of a sudden I stopped and said, "No matter where I am, I find a familiar landmark, so I've never been totally lost."  After turning in my background check and taking the Chauffeur's License exam three times before passing, I was hired.  It was decided I was to go live with Bob and Ann Mead until I could save up for my 1st apt, and I moved the following week.

JL and I had a few arguments during that time, but nothing I took seriously.  If he upset me too much, I yelled back, which would diffuse his anger, and he'd laugh, and everything would be okay.  Little did I know this was just the beginning.

Next Month:  I'm A Brat, But He Still Pops The Question

**********
Present Day:
My sister and her kids are here!  They arrived Monday, and D said he wants to hug G'ma, while R wants to sit on the couch with G'ma and watch Jewelry TV with her all week.

Today, I'm headed to the Mall of America in Minnesota, a place I've dreamed of visiting for at least 25 years or more!  The Royal Touch Reader Event is on Saturday, and I plan to see as much of the mall as possible, since I have to leave on Sunday.  Originally, I'd planned to leave Monday, and spend all day Sunday at the mall, but that was before I discovered W's plans!  They're leaving Monday, and if I want to spend ANY time with them, then it meant readjusting my travel plans a bit.  Wish me luck and safe travels!

No comments: