Monday, August 12, 2019

Life In Lumber Week #20

Day 101:
Shift was fairly steady all day; I managed to locate my broom after lunch and completely mucked out from under all the mats.  One of my customers came in and said, "Every time I come in, you're cleaning!"

Lumber manager Ian borrowed my pen, and a few minutes later, I realized he'd kept it.  So I paged him, and told him.  When he returned it, I told him next time I'd loan him the one with purple ink!  We had a laugh about it!

Still trying to take off Thursday, but the schedule won't let me see past the 17th.  I want to switch with someone and have them work for me on Thurs, and I'll take their Sunday the 25th.  I may simply have to have my 1st call in.

Outfit:  White cross-neck shirt, green vest, dark denim capris.  Hair pulled back in clip.

Here's hoping tomorrow goes well!

Day 102:
Today was nice and steady, albeit a little slow.  Saw one customer 3 times; the third, I cracked, "We've got to stop meeting like this; people will talk!"

Wiped down all the counters and had everything done by 8pm.

Found someone to cover my shift on Thurs, so I can spend the afternoon with my sis and her family!!!!  Course, this means working 6 days in a row next week....ugh...

Outfit:  Rebel tee, patterned capri leggings.  Hair pulled back in ponytail.

Day 103:
Was in a good mood all day!  Had a moment of craziness happen about an hour in:  Had a customer with 3 carts.  As I'm totalling him up, the phone rings, and it's Mgr Tasha, asking if I need help.  I say no, b/c we're nearly finished, and there's only one customer in line.  She says okay and hangs up.  Customer #1 then says, "I need to put funds on my LAR" just as another customer gets in line. 

I call for a code 3, and hop over to #2, then have issues logging in.  Aliscia arrives, and watches me load his LAR (via check!, grrrr), and of course the register malfunctions.  I finally go back to #1 while Tasha and A figure out what's wrong with #2, and after I ring up customers 1 and 2, A rings up #3, then comes over and tells me NOT to use #2; something's wrong with it.

The rest of the shift went smoothly....until around 8pm.  HC MK comes down to clean out my register, and agreed to watch it while I used the restroom.  I'm halfway down aisle 20 when I hear 'Hey...Hey....HEY!"  I turn around and there's a guy with his shirt over his shoulder, asking me for help.  He's got a toilet seat and something I don't recognize, and looks bewildered when I tell him I've left my phone in Lumber.  I tell him to come on; we'd find someone to help him.  Bob in Building materials has 3 people; Ben tells me to wait a minute; guy in Lighting is busy.  I spot Scott and flag him down.  First thing he tells the guy is, "First of all, the head goes THROUGH the hole at the top of the shirt!"  I escaped to the restroom.

Seconds after I return, the guy arrives with his new toilet seat, still shirtless!

Rest of the hour went well, and we were finished by 9:15:) 

I'm off to Lafayette tomorrow, then Minnesota on Friday for the weekend!  Whoot! 

No comments: