Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Life In Lumber, Week #60

 Day 265:

Arrived; discovered I'd be with Marci again for an hour!  Showed her pics of the weekend, and did my AP4Me and LowesU, and the pop count.  She left at 5, and the rest of the shift went well.  After Matthew relieved me for lunch, I had a woman tell she was 'not good', and when I asked why, she stated today was her birthday; she'd buried her aunt; and her b/f was being a jerk.  She broke down in tears.  After she paid, I offered her a hug, and she took it, clinging to me for several seconds.  I told her I'd be praying for her, and asked if she'd like to maybe sit down at the counter, to compose herself (I'd even given her a Kleenex), but she thanked me and said no.

I'd also brought a large piece of chocolate cake from the break room, to share with Kyle and Cam, but K informed me it was ONLY for the birthday people???  But there were two more complete cakes down there, and it was 2 hours til close.  Maybe the night shift will eat 'em???  Told K I was 'exercising my right to celebrate my birthday early', ha ha!

Outfit:  Whitehorse sweatshirt, faded jeggings.  It was barely 60 degrees today!


Day 266:

Brought Marci's books to her; she loved it!  Was fairly steady all the way until 6:30, when Matt brought the soda.  Olivia relieved me for lunch at 6:45; I had half the soda put away, and *assumed* O would do the rest.  When I returned, she was sitting down, and the soda was still in the cart.  When I mentioned it, she muttered something about doing an estimate, and ran off.  I found a paper where she'd doodled her name, and was furious she had time to do that, but not the rest of 'her job'.  Snagged a broom and dustpan from the break room so I could sweep the floor, and managed to get everything done by 9.

Outfit:  Yellow/maroon plaid shirt, red tank, faded jeggings.


Day 267:

Had a good shift, with only one slight hiccup....Wally bought a cull pack and I'd forgotten how to do it on Reg #1!  MK had to fix it, lol!  Brea and I decided to wear the same shirt.....and when she relieved me for lunch, I had a customer ask me a question, and when I returned, there were 6 people in line, so I hopped on Charlie's and rang up two customers.  Had to call for a code 50, and as soon as I did, MK called, wanting to know why I hadn't gone to lunch yet!

We were slow after I returned, and was able to get all the closing duties finished.

Outfit:  Red/black plaid shirt, black tank, faded jeggings.


Day 268:

Had a good shift, and was able to see BG again!  After his purchase, he came over and we talked some more:)  Was fairly steady all the way to lunch, when Brea relieved me, then was still steady, just not as busy, from 7-close.  Was able to get everything accomplished by 9pm.

Outfit:  Black V-neck tunic, yellow plaid vest, faded jeggings.  New Monet mask


Day 269:

Was slightly late, due to a last-minute decision to go to McD's and get nuggets and a small fry.  Clocked in at 4:02, and my very first customer had a bunch of MDF w/o bar codes.  Turned out to be a good thing, since I ended up ringing up a LOT of MDF!  Then, another customer's order, my gun didn't ring up ANY of it, so had to start over.  We had a good laugh about the 'gremlins' in the system 'b/c it's October!', and I managed to get the pop count done a little after 5, after Jill went home.

Matt relieved me for lunch at 6:30, and when I came back, was busy until 8:15, when I did the rest of the closing duties.

Outfit:  Blue Colts jersey (#88), white v-neck tunic, faded jeggings.

No comments: