Monday, May 31, 2021

Life In Lumber, Y3, W9

 Day 41:  Memorial Day $8333 in sales

Arrived; ate a HB and one cookie, taking the other down to lumber.  K left, and discovered Loader Logan's father passed away (learned last week he was on hospice).  Was busy for 2 hours, and was finally able to eat the 2nd cookie.....but it shut off my brain.  All of a sudden, I wasn't retaining any information; couldn't count, and accidentally charged a customer only 6 12' OSB instead of 7.  Plus, a black plastic coupling arrived with no code; just tossed it in the bag.  I was ready to go home.  Went to lunch at 5:30 and ate two more HBs and one more cookie.  Returned and began closing duties; loaded the soda when it arrived; and swept.  At 8, sanitized the counters and registers, did my LU and AP4Me.  All three of my July weekends have been approved!!!!  Now, just have to call in on July 2-4th....

Locked the doors at 9, and returned items to Hardware, Tools, Millwork, and Electrical.  Gavan handled the trash. Clocked out at 9:20.  I'm off the next two days!!!!

Outfit:  Blue lace blouse, original capris, starry night mask (when I wore it!)


Day 42:  Thurs.  $11,7793 in sales

Need to preface this by saying I was tired and had low energy.  Things were slow until 6:30, and I was mildly upset that my mop was MIA, and so was my favorite broom.  Went to lunch at 5:20 and after eating, put my head down for a 15 min nap, which helped a little.  Since things were slow, sanitized and pulled trash.  Then Misty left, and had 3 customers who all needed G at the same time....A needed two pallets of drywall compound; B had a water softener; C was getting 30 concrete boards. Then at 8, Customer D requests help; G is with a customer.  By the time G got around to him, D had already pushed his cart to my register.  Rang up everything except the 2x2 board, and couldn't find it.  G looked it up, and just as he rattled off the item #, D unloads his cart and slams that 2x2 board on the counter.

"Customer service around here sucks."

I kept my cool and apologized for the delays.

Them Mr and Mrs L arrived, and wanted to pay $400 and the rest on a check.  For whatever reason, I punched in the $400....but it changed to the total.  Had to call HC M to do a refund and rebill.

Locked the doors at 9 and put away the soda and snacks, then had to return an entire cart load of items.  Bri even asked me if I was shopping....No, I'm reverse shopping! 

Finally got out of there at 9:45.

Outfit:  Classy tee, original capris, starry night mask.

I'm off to Peoria tomorrow!!!!

No comments: