Sunday, November 29, 2009

Saturday's Stupid Saying

Yeah, yeah....I'm late with this! I was busy writing yesterday.

Turkey Conducts Bird Flu Investigation
headline on ABC News Online

Thought this was appropriate for the Thankgsgiving weekend:)

As stated, I did laundry and wrote all day long. And if you're my friend on Facebook, you'll notice my status which says I nearly fell victim to the 'forgot-to-back-up-document' monster.

What happened?

I stepped away from the desk to eat some leftovers (it was seven o'clock and I was starving!) and when my youngest was finished eating, he promptly pulled out my flash drive (he did NOT eject it first!) and popped in his Lion King DVD, since Daddy was watching Cool Tools on DIY, and there is no DVD player downstairs (PS2, yes, but I don't think he knows how to use it as a DVD player. Note to self: Must Inform K to Teach Little Brother This Skill....).

How did I discover this?

The phone rang; it was for me. I swallowed my final bite of turkey and noodles and the first thing I notice is my flash not in the drive. I nearly lost it, but K came to the rescue. The document was still on the task bar; he simply plugged in the flash, saved the document, and double-checked to make sure everything was there. I calmed down and spoke to my friend, who was now laughing at me!

In my defense, I am on the final chapter of Class Reunion. And since tomorrow is the last day of NaNoWriMo, I have a lot of work if I hope to beat last year's word count of 19K! At last count, I was near the 10K mark for this year. So unless a miracle happens, this year's count will be waaaaaay short. But again, in previous years, I didn't have the SU at home, griping at me! So according to the pep talk I received via email, I'm in Group 3, but still okay. Besides, the whole point of NaNo is to get words down that would still be stuck in my head! Everyone wins, even if they don't attain that 50K mark.

Tuesday, I start baking (I think). It all depends on if I have to fight the SU for kitchen space. Maybe this year I'll let him do the baking???

Have a good day. I'm off to get dressed for church, and then come home and attack the ending of my book!

3 comments:

Linda Kage said...

Geesh. Close call. Thank goodness for K. Hope you did well on your Nano, though technically, you still have all of today to finish.

Molly Daniels said...

Yup, that's what I plan on doing today, in between the laundry, the errands, and whatever He cooks up to keep me from the computer!

Yesterday, K 'remembered' an essay on Macbeth due today. I didn't get to work at all on the wip.

Regina Carlysle said...

Ahhh, I love having 'techie' kids around. Such a relief. When something screws up (usually because of something dumb I did) I don't panic now like I used to.