Friday, May 8, 2015

Flashback Friday: End of 3rd Grade:)

May 1975:
Typically the month of May is full of end-of-the-year stuff, and this year was no exception.  First there was my Brownie Fly Up ceremony, where yellow wings were taped to all 2nd-year Brownies, and one by one, we crossed the tiny bridge to shake hands with our leader.  I don't remember much about the actual ceremony, other than the fact I was terrified I'd slip and fall while crossing the toy bridge (yes, I was very uncoordinated and clumsy, lol!).  I did make it safely across, and turned to look in my mother's direction as she snapped the picture.

The end of 3rd grade meant I'd also be able to check out books from the 'Big Kids Library' again, and I looked forward to rereading all the books I'd missed out on this year.

I also learned my crush, BH, was being held back, which was the end of that crush.  After all, anyone not smart enough to pass the 3rd grade was not worth my time, right?  I also hoped I'd get the better of the two 4th grade teachers, as I'd heard horror stories about Mrs. V.

I looked forward to another fun summer of riding bikes, climbing trees, and reading:)

***********
Present Day:
I'm hard at work on Kenzie's Book #3 of The Chosen series:)

We were hoping to attend my nephew's graduation party tomorrow up in Indy, but finances aren't allowing it.

For Mother's Day, I have to sing at the 8:15 service at St. Thomas as part of the Community Choir, then attend the 11am service with my family.  I'll probably end up taking a nap, ha ha!  Hubby plans to cook on the grill.

Karaoke Songs:
I Still Believe In You
Bleeding Love
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
I Touch Myself

Have a Happy Mother's Day!!!


No comments: