Monday, May 23, 2022

Life In Lumber Y4, W13

 Day 60:  $11,358 (and 46 cents)

Arrived and immediately began helping with the line.  Learned Em and I were both scheduled; she rang up customers while I started the soda count. Then they called her to the front.  Was fairly busy all shift, and #1 ran out of $$ around 7, so hopped over to 2.

Em brought down the soda, but didn't get started on it until after 8. Then when she sent me to break at 8:30, she indicated she'd put the rest of it away, but when I returned, she hadn't, so I did it.  Rang up my final customer at 9:30, then while HC C cleaned out my register, took the trash down. Then took the extra soda to the front, and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:20.

Outfit:  LJHS tee, dark jeggings, silver hoops.


Day 61:  $6,375 (and 72 cents)

Arrived and checked to see how W did on his 1st day; turned out he did well, and is looking forward to tomorrow:)  Saw ASM K walk in with her lunch, so told myself to 'be nice'.  Shift went well; had soda count finished by 5:45, and the place swept by 7. Had to move to 2 after break at 8, and sanitized the registers and counters.  ASM K thanked me for pulling all the trash.

G pulled me aside and told me that neither he nor ASM K were to be called for pro issues; they were too busy.  Oooookaaaaayyyy.....guess M and B were more relaxed with their policies???

Had a small floor show.  Customer and wife/g/f/SO were arguing over what to buy to patch the roof, and cussing each other out.  They finally settled on what to get, but it was too expensive, and settled for 2 pkgs of shingles.  Everyone was happier when they left!

Clocked out at 10:30, after returning items to Electrical, Tools, and Paint.

Outfit:  Gray Purdue tee, cut off capris, textured gold hoops.


Day 62:  $5,963 (and 38 cents)

Rained most of the day, so wasn't sure if we'd be slow or slammed.  Fortunately, we were slow, and was able to get all my closing duties done in a timely manner.  Didn't have any drama, other than two customers at closing bought a sheet of 7/16 OSB and had Loader Al cut it in half.  It still wouldn't fit in the car, so they strapped it to the roof.  Loader T got video of the father cussing the son out, and when they drove off, the driver had one hand on the OSB.

Clocked out after returning items to Tools, Electrical, and Hardware.

Outfit:  White flamingo tee, cut off capris, tear drop gold earrings.


Day 63:  $7,471 (and 67 cents)

Wasn't happy when I arrived and discovered ASM K eating lunch. Checked the schedule; she was due to leave at 9, so I tried to make the best of it. Shift began rather slow; did soda count and Em brought it down. Had customer ask about his shingle order; found the invoice and he paid it, but it wasn't staged anywhere, and I didn't know where Loader T was.  Loader E arrived at 7, and got it pulled and loaded.  ASM K pissed me off three times tonight.

-A) She had heard about the slight altercation between W and myself on Thurs, and thanked me for diffusing it, but 'when you're here, you're collegues, not relatives.'  Yeah, yeah, I get it.....but I wasn't on the clock and neither was he!

-B) I needed an o/r and while I waited, I hopped on J's register to ring up the people in line.  K came down and finished the transaction as I finished the 2nd one, then asked me what was wrong with #2.  I said nothing; it was faster.  "I'm tired of repeating myself; these registers are for the PROS."  I did my LU on #1.  Other than having to slightly duck my head to read the screen, it went well.

-C) I wrote down a customer's item # and handed it to him to go to CS, then pushed his water softner out of the way.  K asked what it was, and I said return.  "Why are you doing returns?"  "I'm not."  I explained what I had done and she said okay.

I told HC C about it, and told I'm close to requesting a transfer to LG, or seeing if I could work somewhere else in the store if we happen to be on the same shift.  As much as I love my job and my area, I'm getting close to wanting out of there.  It's not fair that I breathe a sigh of relief when I see she's either off or already gone by the time I arrive.

Returned items to Aisle 1 and took some cardboard down to Receiving before putting up my vest.  K had me so upset, I'd forgotten to put it in the hopper.  Clocked out at 10:40.

Outfit:  Palm tree sweatshirt, dark jeggings, sapphire and diamond hoops. (temps in upper 60s)

Day 64:  Memorial Saturday $20,041 (and 26 cents)

Day began fairly decent; went over to Rendezvous and saw the family, plus friends PH and LR.  Ate Chicken and Dumplings and some stuffed mushrooms, courtesy of K, then headed back and went to work. ASM K was actually cordial; Loader AM told me W doesn't like to listen; Loader AL told me he'd heard about the argument and wasn't happy how W had talked to me.  Em went to break; I was on #2. I took my break at 2:30 and made the decision to stay in for lunch.  Em left at 3 and I hopped on 1.  Was busy all the way til 6:30, when they sent me to lunch.  Went to the break room, ate 2 lunchables, took a 15 min nap, then clocked back in.  Things slowed down; did the soda count and began the closing duties.  Customer paid for $600 with 2 $100, 5 $20s, several $5s, and the rest in $1s.  Had to put $50 in $1s under the tray.

When HC C came down, she asked me to hop on #2, since #1 was waaaaaay over the normal limit.  When ASM K left at 9, I hopped on Jeremy's register and did my LU, plus checked my schedule.  I logged off as C came down; told her "Shhhh....I used the pro computer!"  She laughed, then told me she'd asked ASM N hypothetically, if #1 was busy, was it out of line to use the Pro computer?  N's response:

"I know what this is about, and she's upset because she's been told repeatedly, and the last one was more forceful."  *eye roll*

So that told me K had already spoken to N about it.  C stated that for 3 years, we were all TOLD to do do our training back there, and to use the computers to help with the line, and in the future, should policy change, PLEASE TELL US!!!!

At 10, locked the doors and got the trash ready, and sanitized #1 and 2.  I'd mucked out the mats earlier.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Yellow Fla tee, cut off capris, small silver hoops.


Day 65:   Memorial Sunday $12,795 (and 43 cents)

Was slightly late, due to singing at the Rendezvous Sunday Worship Service, then saying goodbye to family and friends.  Learned more about the 'disrespect' about A; apparently my BIL B asked what her name was and her answer was 'Figure it out.'.  I don't know what she said/did toward other family members, but it was NOT a good impression.

Arrived at 11:30 and was immediately busy, then we had several periods of 'down time'. Em took her 1st break, then I took mine at 12:45.  Em went to lunch at 1, and we were so busy, had to call a Code 3.  Lexi came down and stayed for maybe 20 mins.  Did my LU on my 1st break, lol....I went to lunch (McAs) at 3:30, and when I returned, mucked out the mats. Em left at 6, after my 2nd break, and just did the closing duties.  Things had really slowed down by then.  After HC C cleaned me out, I took the trash to the hopper, then put up my vest.  Clocked out at 8:20.

Only needed 2 o/rs; one for discounted paneling, and another for discounted closet brackets.

Outfit:  White short sleeved blouse, cut off capris, teal Rendezvous outfit, double pearl earrings

Marcus Ericson won the 500; Tony Kanaan came in 3rd.  Now to FIND the race online, so I can watch it!


No comments: