Monday, May 30, 2022

Life In Lumber Y4, W14

 Day 66:  Memorial Day  $6,821 (and 66 cents)

Was called in, due to a call-in, and the 1st half hour of my shift, I 'supervised', and rang up one customer on #3.  Sonia needed an o/r on 1, then Jeremy was ringing up a Pro customer on 1.  ASM K called me over and asked about W, and I explained he had a bad sunburn and couldn't lift his arms over his head, that I'd tried to get him to go in anyway, but to no avail.  She agreed with me, then shocked the hell out of me by telling me I was a good worker, and had always done good work for her!  Whaaaat?????

Shift was busy until 6, then slowed way down.  Liv came down and gave me my half hour break, and I ate 2 hamburgers, a bag of chips, and took 4 cookies with me down to my station.  Swept, sanitized, joked with customers (I had to soda count done by 4:45!), and brought in carts. Put away the soda, and took the trash to the hopper while HC C cleaned me out.  Delegated other people to take the returns back to Plumbing, Front Registers, and the right wall.  Clocked out at 10:20.

Outfit:  Black front zip tee, cut off capris, small silver hoops.

Day 67:  $6,137 (and 33 cents)

Was a good shift.  Did the soda count and was steady until 6.  Did my LU, swept, and brought in carts until Makenzie sent me to lunch at 7:30, just as I got a LBA app, so actually went at 7:45.  Came back and hopped on #2 to help with the line, then got back on #1.  ASM N brought a new dustmop down, so was able to actually sweep the floor!  Santized the registers at 9:30, then locked the doors at 10.  Clocked out at 10:25, after putting up my vest and returning a box of screws to Hardware.

Outfit:  White Bon Jovi tee, cut off capris, textured gold hoops.

Had to call in Wed; D had appendicitis and had his surgery on Thurs.  ASM N took me off the schedule for Thurs, with my return tentatively planned for Sunday

Day 68: Rare Sunday  $14,735 (and 22 cents)

Was running late, due to getting D bandaged and settled.  Was busy 1st half of shift, and had to call a code 3 when Em went to lunch; we even had 3 registers going at one point!

Cust A lost his temper when I scanned his flooring, rang him up, printed the receipt, then discovered the flooring had the wrong price.  I called Flooring to confirm, then informed A he would have to take his receipt to CS for his refund.  He demanded the manager, then told me to forget it when I picked up the phone.  ASM N asked me what was going on, and I told him.  "Just because I can't process a refund."

Contrasting that, had 2 customers thrilled to see me, and they were all smiles.

Went to lunch at 2:45. and just sat in the break room and ate 2 lunchables.  Went back and did the soda count, and the closing duties.  Had my final customer as we were closing. While Loader Al was playing with the concrete, had a man pull up on a motorcycle.  Told him we were closed; he thanked me and took off.  Another man tried to enter; I informed him we were closed.  Watched him go to the front doors....then head down to LG.  Thought, 'what part of 'we're closed' do you NOT understand?'

Outfit: Teal shirt, original capris, lg diamond earrings.

No comments: