Monday, April 29, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y6, W10

 Day 39:  Rain, High 60s

Arrived just as the rain began. Took over for Kem, who informed me that #1 has been updated and no more Genesis.  It also now has the tap and pay with phone option. Was fairly steady until 4:30; Alice left at 4, then I did the prelim duties. Dawson sent me to lunch at 4:45; I simply stayed in the break room and read. When I returned, things had cleared out.  My broom was MIA, so I did my LU and AP4Me and wrote. Locked the doors at 10; Ian brought in the concrete. AJ took my trash to the hopper AND watched the register while I took a quick pit stop. HC Kay cleaned me out; put up my vest and clocked out at 10:30.

Day began with lunch at Schnitzelbank in Jasper with Randy and Shantel!

Outfit:  Black/gray l/s tee, black vest, new faded jeggings, red hoop earrings


Day 40: Sunny, low 80s

Arrived and helped Alice with the line. She took her break and I was slammed.  She came back; line died. I took a pit stop at 4:30 and swiped a broom out of the break room. When she left at 5, I did the prelim duties and was busy for an hour, then began sweeping. Austin sent me to lunch at 7:45; took a broken H-cart to receiving and told Kyle to 'put it out of its misery'. When I went back an hour later, Austin had sent for soda; I filled it. Finished sweeping and pulled trash, plus mucked the mats and sanitized the coffee bar.  ASM Charlie brought in the concrete; Joey took my trash to the hopper.  Returned items to Plumbing and Tools, and clocked out at 10:25.

Outfit:  Gray America tee, new faded jeggings, large hoops with 'disco ball' inside. 


Day 41: Sunny, low 80s

Arrived and took over for Kem. Did the prelim duties, as traffic was slow. Things picked up after 4:30, then Kim sent me to lunch at 5:15. Did my LU before I returned, and then did the soda count. Started sweeping, but then HC Britt brought the loaded cart down, which took me the better part of the evening. Only got half the floor swept, and only the trash pulled. Locked the doors at 10, and when Conrad brought in the concrete, shut the garage door.  C took my trash as HC Britt cleaned me out, then rode the mobility cart up front. Ended up returning to Lumber to open the large door again (another forklift needed to be brought in), but afterward put up my vest, took a pit stop, then returned an item to RTM.  Clocked out at 10:40.

Outfit:  Red LU tee, new faded jeggings, rhinestone danglies


Day 42: Sunny, high 80s

Arrived; discovered I'd wrapped my brace wrong, so went to the bathroom to redo it. Discovered I'd left my phone, so tracked it down at CS, thank god!  Alice took a break; I fronted the soda and pulled the coffee bar trash, and discovered Marilyn hadn't dumped the coffee.  Took the carafe to #1 so I wouldn't forget. Took a pit stop and cleaned out the carafe at 4:45, then when A left at 5, did the prelim duties.  Got pissed at AJ when he made 3 trips to get a customer's order that was staged at the back. Dawson sent me to lunch at 7:45 and when I returned, began sweeping. Pulled trash, mucked the mats, sanitized the registers and counters, locked the doors at 9:50, due to zero cars in the lot.  Loader Charles brought in the concrete and took the trash to the hopper. Closed the garage door and put up my vest after HC Britt cleaned me out. Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Black blouse, new capris, wedding day pearl buttons

Am off the next two days!  Friday is the Art Walk/Pop Up Market and Sat is Mel and Adam's wedding:)


Day 43:  Rare Sun Sunny, mid 70s

Arrived; discovered AJ was no call, no show after having a chat with Scott earlier in the week. Took over for Dawson, and for an hour, Austin and I traded customers.  Did my LU.  The minute A left at 4, five customers arrived, and I was steady for 20 mins.  D came back; no customers.  He went to see where HC Shel wanted him; I began sweeping. D came back at 5:30 to send me to break; when I returned, I finished sweeping, pulled trash, fronted the soda, sanitized the registers and coffee bar. Locked the doors at 7:55.  HC Kay cleaned me out; Mike brought in the concrete and Loader Joey took my trash to the hopper. Closed the garage door and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit:  Bless This Mess sweatshirt; new dark jeggings, small zirconian posts.

No comments: