Monday, April 15, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y6, W8

 Day 29:  Mid-80s

Arrived and took over for Alice, who informed me #2 was refusing to print.  Did the prelim duties, then was busy until 7. Swept the floor and fronted soda, then was busy again. HC Shel sent me the break at 8:15, and when I returned, pulled trash and finished sweeping, did my LU and AP4Me.

Had a customer pay me $300 in $5s and $1s....really ruined my night.

Loader Charles brought in the concrete; I locked the doors and shut the garage door.  HC Shel cleaned me out; I took the trash to the hopper and put up my vest. Clocked out at 10:35.

Outfit:  Pink LU Safety tee, faded jeggings, Ecuador beads.


Day 30: Low 80s

Was called in to work; both Alice and Dawson called off.  Arrived at 3 with my MK fundraiser, and was immediately busy. Around 4, did the prelim duties; was sweeping by 5.  Things picked up again at 5:30 and was busy until 7:30.  Swept half the center area, then ASM Alex was able to give me a pit stop, and I cleaned out the coffee carafe. HC Kay sent me to lunch at 8:15, and went first to Subway, but they were closed, so ended up at McA's. After returning, I pulled the trash and finished sweeping, then mucked the mats and sanitized the registers.  After Cam brought in the concrete, I locked the doors and closed the garage door at 10.  HC Kay cleaned me out; I took the trash to the hopper and put up my vest. Returned an item to Fashion Bath, then went up front.  Clocked out at 10:35.

Outfit:  Yellow Fla tee, faded jeggings, double pearls


Day 31: High 70s

Arrived and took over for Alice; did the prelim duties and was slightly busy, but things died down after 7. Did my LU and swept the area. Was sent to break at 8:30, and when I returned, pulled the trash, wiped down the coffee bar and the tops of the Pepsi cooler as well as the Monster and Red Bull ones. After Jace brought in the concrete and took the hopper, and HC Kay cleaned me out, I locked the doors and returned an item to Electrical. Put up my vest and returned an item to Paint and ISLG. Clocked out at 10:50.

Off tomorrow for choir practice!

Outfit:  Brown 3/4 length sleeve blouse, faded jeggings, gold hoops with Grandma's diamonds


Day 32:  Mid 60s

Arrived to find Alice at #1; said #2 wasn't printing. Took over and was busy for an hour, then did the prelim duties, plus soda count. Was fairly steady all night; got the floor swept all but the 'horseshoe' and the concrete dust. Did my LU around 9. Pulled trash at 9:30 and sanitized the registers and coffee bar. Had to marvel at one customer who apparently decided 9pm was 'the perfect time' to buy countertops and a door.  Locked the doors at 10; Loader Charles brought in the concrete and took my trash to the hopper. I'd wrangled Brighten around 8:30 to watch the register while I took a pit stop, so after HC Britt cleaned me out, I took the coffee carafe back to the break room.  Returned it, then took items back to Electrical and Paint.  Clocked out at 10:35.

Outfit:  Blue/white striped sweater, faded jeggings, gold/silver 'fireworks' danglies


Day 33:  Rare Sat Low 60s

Was asked to come in at 4, for coverage; Austin showed me the Monsters and Red Bulls he'd yet put away.  Was busy for an hour, then did the prelim duties and did my LU. Started sweeping. Was busy from 6-8, when I finally closed the garage door (temps were falling) and put away the energy drinks. Finished sweeping, then pulled trash.  Was finally sent to lunch at 9. Returned and sanitized the coffee bar and my counter. Fronted all the soda. Locked the doors at 10. ASM Charlie brought in the concrete, and after HC Shel cleaned me out, took the trash to the hopper. 

Had a stupid customer tonight. Brought in 4 shower/bathtub parts to return, then took them off the cart!  I looked over, saw what he was doing, and politely asked if they would please put them back on the cart?  He gave me an incredulous look, then did as I requested, all but the shower wall, b/c the code was on the bottom, and he didn't want to shove it back into place.  I had AJ haul it back to Fashion Bath, all the time thinking, "How the hell did you think WE were going to haul it back?"

Also had an entitled customer, who wanted 75 2x4s pulled for him.  He also thankfully took our 50% off drywall.

Clocked out at 10:35.

Outfit:  Ash gray IN sweatshirt, dark jeggings, tiny sapphire hoops


Day 34:  Rare Sun high 50s

Arrived and discovered Austin was there until 6. Was immediately busy, and around 5, discovered a couple had asked for 'an estimate' about our cull cart.  Loader Charles told them we'd have to ring it up first. Then they approached me; Austin was on his break, and I told them I wasn't allowed that far from the register. The woman gave me a look ala 'and you claim you work here?'  Then later, came back.  Austin helped the hubby push the cull cart up; I then went over and scanned all the bar codes I could find, then adjusted the price.  He said he'd take it, so Loader Joe grabbed a cart and helped me load it all up.  Then more bar codes were revealed; we did the same.  I also rang up the shingles and the two plywood panels, then had to wait for an o/r.  By then, I was done with people. I'd whacked my bad knee; my left ankle was complaining.  After I got them rung up and out the door, I took my 15, then Austin left. The place settled down; did the prelim duties and my LU. At 7, pulled the trash and swept, plus swept up all the concrete dust. Had 2 customers walk in the door at 7:55, and final one left at 8:05, slightly ticked off he couldn't get any help in plumbing.  Told him to come back the next day DURING the day when we were fully staffed!  Returned a Zebra to the back and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 8:35.

Outfit:  Black/white l/s tee, black vest, dark jeggings, black hoops

No comments: