Friday, June 6, 2014

Flashback Friday: Weekend in Cincinnati!

I goofed.  I forgot to post last week.  So here's a double Flashback for your reading enjoyment:)
May 2004:
I wasn't able to attend the Indy 500, since I was breast-feeding W.  We attended church, then went to Walmart to get groceries and get the pictures developed.  All of a sudden, there was a loud clap of thunder and the lights went out.  We were told there was a tornado in the area and to please gather in the center of the building.  Several minutes later, the lights came back on full strength and we were told the danger was over.    We listened to the start of the race, then went home and watched it on TV.  After the race, torrential rains hit the race, with another possible tornado in the vicinity.

I was worried about my parents, but couldn't call with the bad weather.  Later, I did get a hold of them; turned out Mom had gotten sick so they left halfway through the race and had been in no danger.

June 1974:
Our family took a weekend trip to Cincinnati with another family.  On Saturday, we toured the zoo and it rained.  The rides were shut down; we spent most of our time in the monkey house and reptile exhibit.

The next day was bright and sunny, and we enjoyed ourselves at King's Island on the rides and eating pizza and cotton candy.  There's a great picture of me, W, and Roxanne sitting in a bunny-themed ride.  I remember the disappointment of being in the rain at the zoo, and the excitement of a wonderful day at KI.

**************
Present Day:
I am currently running Aunt Molly's Boarding House for Wayward Children or Aunt Molly's Daycare For Children Whose Parents Work During The Summer or Don't Have Anything To Entertain Their Kids.  Miss Drama Queen and Mr. Energy are back 'just for a few weeks' (where have I heard that before?  Oh yeah...2011, when they were here the entire summer!), as well as my usual low-maintenance summer kid C.  And the neighbor kids, whom I've not seen all winter, B and CN.  Their moms don't work, but 'it's more fun at your house, Aunt Molly.'  Gee, thanks.  Go eat lunch at your house.  There's a reason I only put out 6 popsicles per day:  They would all be gone in a day or two!  Three packages of cookies, purchased on Sunday, were gone by Tues.

I'm getting a break this weekend, since we're headed to my mom's to celebrate Miss A's 2nd birthday.  MDQ and ME's mother is collecting them this morning, and C is going to her dad's.  And next week, MDQ and ME will be at their other grandparents, for the annual Holiday World trip.  So yay, a mental health week for me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who bought my books back in February!  I hope you continue to enjoy my series and I hope to get the remaining books written soon!

No comments: