Friday, September 19, 2014

Flashback Friday: Joining MOPS:)

Sept 1994:
I decided to join MOPS (Mothers Of Pre-Schoolers) at my home church once a month.  The kids and I would drive up; K would get to play with a few kids his own age while S could either go with me or to the nursery.  Since she was sleeping soundly the 1st meeting, she went to the nursery.

One of my family's friends was the guest speaker, who talked about while how all Moms had 'their stories' about pregnancy and childbirth/rearing, but what was Mary's Story?  We all know she went to visit her cousin Elizabeth soon after conceiving, and we all know 'when' Christ was born, but what about the strenuous trip to Bethlehem on a donkey while being 9 months pregnant, how long was labor, and what was it like, knowing your child was special?  Not to mention realizing he wasn't with you when he was 12....or enduring the crowd's rejection of him in later years, then his horrific death, then resurrection.  Did he ever appear to Mary afterward?

Anyway, we made a craft stick refrigerator note-holder, which is still on my fridge 20 years later!

Afterward, I collected both kids; K bubbling with enthusiasm for the kids he played with, and Miss S, who was wide awake, and drove to JHS to have lunch with my mom.  After eating his hot dog, K decided to inspect the floor cleaning machine.

We called him back, but Butch the janitor, who'd known me since I was 5, said not to worry; there was no way K could turn it on.

"If he does, I'll give him a job."

Several moments later, I noticed water on the floor, and told Butch.  He went over.

"Well I'll be....he DID turn it on!"

"Okay, Butch, he's all yours!"

ROFL!

Mom and I had a great visit, then the kids and I headed back home.

Next Month:  Beginner's Luck and Halloween

**********
Present Day:
I spent last week up in Lafayette, and am still adjusting back to the household, lol!

Big Brother Update:
I was soooooo disappointed with Caleb, Cody, Derrick, and Victoria managed to get Frankie out of the house!!!  Nooooooo....I wanted the final 3 to be Caleb, Derrick, and Frankie!!!  But then the next day, Caleb followed him.  So now it's up to Derrick to win, plus get an additional $50 K, as being the sole Team America player left.

Tomorrow's Karaoke Songs:
Head Over Feet-Alanis
Help-Beattles
Here Comes The Rain Again-Eurythmics
High On You-Survivor
High Enough-Damn Yankees

No comments: