Friday, September 6, 2019

Flashback Friday: Disaster In Chemistry Class

Sept 1979:
It didn't take long for me to realize my chemistry partner had no interest in what we were doing, so I found myself reluctantly taking the lead in all our experiments.  But the thing I remember the most is when Rick decided, for whatever conceivable reason, to shove a paper towel into a test tube, the try to float it out by adding water! 

I ended up spending the hour scraping that towel out of the darn test tube.  Needless to say, I didn't get it all, and at the end of the hour took it up to the teacher and apologized for my partner's stupidity.

In Health Class, a rivalry of sorts began between myself and Mike F.  He would answer most of the questions for the guys, while myself and Rhonda A would take turns answering on the girls' side.

Next Month:  Halloween Disaster

*************
Present Day:
I'm off to Cil-Con in Mattoon, Il for today and tomorrow!  I managed to get into 'Brian's Love Shack' area, and was dismayed mildly amused at the fact we'll be right in front of my favorite clothing store.  Hmmmm.....man my table or go shopping?  Decisions, decisions.....

Also hoping to pick up some swag before I leave town.  I need notepads, Kleenex, and a few more prizes for the 'special' basket.  Praying my budget is on track!

See you next week, and have a wonderful weekend:)

No comments: