Monday, October 5, 2020

Life In Lumber, Week 61

 Day 270:

Arrived; did Lowes U. Discovered #1 wasn't working, so spent entire shift on #2.  Things went well, and went to lunch at 6:20, and when I returned, was fairly steady until 8:15, when I began my closing duties.

Joked with Mr. Rogers that I had a "$100 smile", since his order was $100, and I said he was there for my smiling face:)

Outfit:  Maroon/gray plaid shirt, gray tank, faded jeggings


Day 271:

Was slightly grumpy when I went into work; I was emotional yesterday and somewhat today.  Griped that no one seems to do the pop count; they leave it for me.  Things were busy all the way til 6, when Sacred relieved me for lunch.  When I returned, things got hectic.   I rang up Customer A, who then informed me they needed to go get their card, so I invoiced it and pushed it behind the register.  Then Customer B arrived, and discovered his windows wouldn't scan.  Called Millwork, who said they would call Mgr T.  Meanwhile. I was able to ring up Customers C and D on Charlie's register.  Afterward, I tried to print A's pick ticket, but couldn't figure out which one.  Called CS, who told me to call HC M.  She and T came down; I hopped on #2 to take care of Customers E-G.  Customer A returned, and got their invoice recalled and paid for.  Meanwhile, T apparently got everything fixed with B and he left.  Before I could return to #1, however, I had more customers get in line, and it was 7:30 before I could hop back over!  

Did the closing duties, and my final two customers were at 8:30.

We also received our Front End Appreciation Gifts:  I got a sticky note pad, Kleenex, a Butterfinger (put it in Mel's locker), $100 Grand bar (consumed it right away, YUM!), and a Chocolate Granola bar (gave it to Noel), as well as some nice notes from Mgrs Steve, Scott, and Tasha.  Teased Scott when he came down; he asked me why the door was still open.

"You're going to take back all the nice things you said, aren't you?"

"Was yours about the positivity?"

"Yes.....'thank you for being so positive, even though you forget to close the damn door...'"

He laughed!

Signed up for vision and dental insurance for next year.  Instead of only $41 taken out of my check, now I'll lose $86, but at least I'll have insurance for a dentist visit and to get my eyes checked!

Outfit:  Brown 3/4 length sleeve blouse, faded jeggings.


Day 272:

Warmer today, and was in a better mood.  Sold Crosroads Antho to Marci, and discovered we were playing Cash Register Bingo.  At the end of the night, I had one across, but HC Mel told me it was 'cover all'.  Awwww.....

Anyway, the first two hours went FAST!  We were fairly steady, AND the new plexiglass protectors were in place. Brea relieved me at 6, and when I returned at 6:30, began the closing duties in between customers.

Had one customer show up with drywall, and they asked me for a special price.  Told them I wasn't authorized, but they insisted, so called for an MOD.  Scott called, listened, then said no.  I relayed the message, then pressed them on who had offered them a deal.  Turned out it was TODD, who was fired last spring! Called Scott and informed him, who laughed.

Had my final customer at 8:30, so we were able to clock out around 9:15.

Outfit:  Blue striped tee, dark capris, paper mask.  Gonna need a new one tomorrow.  Went home and watched the VP debate.


Day 273:

Marci and I enjoyed the hour we worked together, and the next hour flew by also, as I did the pop count and gathered the paperwork.  Brea sent me to lunch at 6, and when I returned, she had a small line, so I hopped on #2 to help her out.  After I was able to move back to #1, the lady I'd helped while on my way back up front showed up with her load, but Bryce said he'd check her out.

Started the closing duties, and was moderately busy until 8, then things slowed down.  Checked out a woman who as it turned out, did craft shows, so we talked shop for a while and exchanged FB pages.  Clocked out at 9:15.

Outfit:  Black/white poncho shirt, faded jeggings, red Monet mask.


Day 274: Payday!!

Paid off my Maurice's card today!  Whoot! 

Took myself to McD's before my shift, and spent a happy hour with Marci before she left, doing the pop count and ringing up the occasional customer.  After she left, it was steady, and it wasn't until my phone alarm went off that I realized I'd not been sent to lunch yet!  Waited until 6:45 before calling the HC....they hadn't forgotten; just short-staffed.  Desiree came down at 7.  

When I returned, I had to do a cart test, and passed, since I double-checked the Craftsman container AND knew how to ring up the carpet.  Did most of the closing duties; had a few customers and didn't have time to wipe down all the counter tops.  Just did the register counters, the stools, the phones, and the registers.

Clocked out at 9:15.

Outfit:  Colt's jersey (#88 Harrison), dark capris. 


No comments: