Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Life In Lumber, Week #63

 Day 280:  

Was supposed to be off, but my writers meeting in Washington was cancelled.  Mel had texted me about working, so when I received it while at a light in Terre Haute, I called her, and told her if they needed me, I could come in.  So arrived home around 3:30; unloaded the car and left for work at 4:30.

1)  Had to explain to Kronos why I was clocking in.

2) I was NOT on the daily schedule, just the flow chart.

3) Still no glass cleaner, even after I requested some.

4) No one had done the pop count, and thankfully Olivia came down for it right after I did it.

5) Had an eye-roll moment when a customer asked about using his boss's account.....but then used his credit card???  Not sure if he forgot or what the hell happened....

6) Had another customer tell he was going to 'ruin' my day, because he had two carts full of plumbing items.  1) It was all organized; 2) the guy knew exactly how much of everything he had; and 3) I joked he was keeping me from trash detail!  No problem!

I did get the floor swept, the trash taken care of, and the register areas sanitized.  Just didn't have time to fully wipe down the counter and didn't have any cleaner for the plexiglass.  Clocked out at 9:15.

Was able to do both the AP4Me and Lowe's U

Outfit:  Blue/white fleece shirt, darker jeggings, Star Wars mask


Day 281:

Arrived and relieved Jill, then was busy for an hour.  Was able to get pop count done, and was sent to break at 6:15.  When I returned, I put away the soda (we now have Green Monsters!!  Whoot!) and things slowed down.  Had a few customers here and there, and since Aggie had sent down glass cleaner, was able to clean all the plexiglass, and wipe down the counters.  I'm going to have to get bleach water; containers are running low.  

Checked my email, and discovered Mgr Brandon 'rejected' my clock-in for yesterday???  Also did my Lowe's U.

At closing, I locked the doors and took the trash down, then put up my vest.

Outfit:  White/black plaid, blue tank, darker jeggings, Star Wars mask


Day 282:

Arrived early and filled the bleach water containers.  Clocked in and did the LU, then returned to Lumber and spent an enjoyable 90 minutes, ringing up customers and re-checking Jill's pop count, before logging the Monster Count.  Brea relieved me at 6:30, and discovered Josh and another associate in dino costume!  After break, I did the closing duties, and rang up a very complicated order at closing.  Still, we managed to get everyone rung up and out by 9.  

Accidentally tossed my mask into the hopper, but was able to retrieve it!  I'll have to wash it first.

Outfit:  Indian Motorcycle shirt, jegging capris, Monet mask


Day 283:

Crazy weather today.  At 4pm, I was still in a short-sleeved tee and capris, but it began raining and the temp dropped FAST!  Ended up going to work in jeggings and taking a sweatshirt.

Things went well; Jill had already done part of the pop count, so all I had to do was check it and finish it, as well as run off more copies of the charts.  Checked out an insulation machine, then checked one back in.  Matt came down to get the pop count and apparently smacked Kyle with the clipboard.  Later when he brought me the soda, he pushed me into the counter with the cart, so we had some good-natured ribbing going on.

Was sent to break at 7:05. and when I came back, did the closing duties.  Got caught moving a cart to the insulation aisle...."please don't go that far from the register..."

HC MK cleaned out my register; I took the trash down, then put up my vest.  I work the weekend for Marci, so getting 16 more hours:)

Outfit:  Fuzzy Socks tee, darker jeggings, HP mask


Day 284:

Arrived to find out Jill had called in; myself was on alert, since D wasn't feeling good.  Things were non-stop all the way to 7:30!  Brea came down to help out before she was sent back up front.  Then Mel came down and gave me my break, as I was looking for gutter elbows that refused to ring up, as well as the downspout and the gutter itself.  Went to the bathroom, then returned.  Sara and Panda arrived and bought me a Reesees PB, which I finally finished around 4.  Managed to get the pop count finished, then was sent to lunch at 4:30.

After lunch, it slowed a little, but was still steady and full of customers with either missing barcodes, or codes which wouldn't ring up.  Also had one customer tell me (after I'd rung everything up) their ceiling tile was wrong and the doors were wrong.  Took off the wrong items, then invoiced it, so we could find it easier after they got the correct items.   Then Brenda relieved me at 6:30 for my 2nd break, and things finally slowed down at 7:30!  I was able to get some of the closing duties accomplished in between customers (swept, sanitized the registers, washed the outside of all the plexiglass).  Cam took the trash at 9, and we got out of there at 9:15.

Outfit:  IU sweatshirt, darker jeggings, HP mask


Day 285:

Kronos wasn't working, so we had a sign-in sheet.  Thankfully, today was a LOT slower!  I arrived; Jill went to break. Marci gave me my bag of goodies she'd bought from Kentucky:) At 1:50, Mel came down and asked if I'd had a break.  I hadn't, so I told her I'd just make a fast pit stop.  When I came back, Brea told me to take my break; I told her I'd just taken it!  She hopped on #2, since Jill was at lunch.  When J returned, I went to McAllister's for an hour.  Returned; logged my lunch time, then did the pop count.  Only had to have one override; a woman had discounted carpet.

Jill left at 6, and Brea hung out with me until 7.  She had the most surveys done, so Mgr T came down and took her picture, then gave us both new tote bags.  Sanitized the registers and some of the plexiglass, then locked the doors at 9.  Logan took my trash and Cam did the safety thingies, and I closed the door behind them.  HC C cleaned out my register; I took 3 things to Electrical and put my vest up.  Scott let me out after showing me where the Jimmy Johns and candy were located.

Outfit:  Mama Bear sweatshirt; darker jeggings; HP mask

No comments: