Monday, April 12, 2021

Life In Lumber, Y3, Week 2

 Day 9:

Arrived; things were fairly slow.  Did pop count and prelim duties, plus LU, then swept the entire Pro area.  Made a duct tape sign for my mop, lol.....Sami relieved me at 7:15, and when I returned, did the AP4Me and sanitized in between customers.  Voice is starting to go; woke up this morning, and it was so scratchy I nearly called in, but it got better as the day went on.  HOWEVER.....as my shift went on, my voice got squeakier.

Discovered I'm still on the schedule for tomorrow; Mgr T was supposed to fix it.  Karen agreed to come in for me tomorrow; all I have to do is either call or go in before I leave for Lafayette.  Taking Mom to her dr's appointment.

Outfit:  Red LU shirt, new capris, black mask.


Day 10:

I've been battling laryngitis since Tues morning, but today (Sunday), Mgr Bre called me and asked me to come in for 3 hours.  I said yes, he was very appreciative!  

Arrived, gave Sam her break, then got irritated with her attitude.  a) she said she'd sweep, so I swept up what I was doing at her; she ignored it and went to sweep somewhere else. b) Someone needed help in plumbing; she claimed her feet hurt as she's leaning against the counter of #2.  *eye roll*...I even told her all she had to do was straighten up, turn to the left and pick up the phone....but no, I did it....then as soon as I hung up, she comes over behind the Pro desk.  WTH....I thought your feet hurt??? c) Her 'in general' demeanor is annoying....she's obviously white, but talks like she's in da hood.

After she left at 6, I started closing duties, in between ringing up customers.  HC Ch gave me a break at 6:45, and when I returned, gathered trash, sanitized the registers, and wiped down both counters, plus the two far end ones in Pro. When HC D cleaned me out, and we waited for loader C to return with the hopper, I went out and collected the final 5 carts.  Then returned a can of spray paint and nails, and put my vest up.

Outfit:  White tunic, dark jeggings, tools mask

No comments: