Monday, June 14, 2021

Life In Lumber, Y3, W11

 Day 48: $10,588 in sales

Busy shift! Things went well, until I had a brain fart....Customer gave me a penny for the 26 cents, and I stupidly only gave him a quarter back, instead of 75 cents!  Fortunately, three customers later, someone paid in cash and I was able to give the man his $$.  Geez....When I returned from lunch, G went to lunch and that's when everyone needed him.  I thought he was only taking a 15; he took an hour!  Had one guy wanting concrete board and drywall; Mgr BW helped him.  Another guy came in for tile; couldn't find it.  Turned out it was up by CS.  Another customer came in, expecting her order to be picked; it wasn't, and no one could find her metal roof sheets.  She took all but the metal; I left a note for Kim, who'd set up the invoice.

Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Gray Fire in her Heart tee; cut off capris; #6 day w/o mask!


Day 49:  $9,621 in sales

Began my day by finding an injured cat under my van.  Either it's hips or pelvis was broken; anyway, I picked him up and put him on the porch and D took him to the vet.  I'm hoping they put it down humanely.  Poor kitty....

Arrived; things slowed way down after 15 mins.  Did pop count and prelim duties; was fairly steady between 4 and 6, then was sent to lunch.  When I returned, I found my mop down by the hopper, so I pushed it back up front and swept, then sanitized the registers and counters.  Things were fairly slow, so G and Bryce (new trainee) did trash right at 9.  HC M cleaned me out; I waited til G brought in the other forklift, then closed the door and returned items to Millwork, Plumbing, Hardware, and a center kiosk.  Had to take a box of nuts to RTM; there clearly were not 50 in the box!

Clocked out around 9:20.

Outfit:  Black Alaskan Highway tee, cut off capris; #7 w/o mask!  Do I dare put in my hearing aids???  Wear earrings again???


Day 50: $9,958 in sales

Brought cupcakes for Loader G, then discovered he wasn't on the schedule!  Also discovered I didn't have a closing associate; J had either called in or been told not to come in.  Hopped on #2 to help with the line, then spent the rest of evening on #1.  Had to have an override for Mgr G's batteries, did prelim duties and soda count, and had an issue trying to find someone's flooring (turned out it had already been picked up).  Went to lunch at 5:30 and when I returned, started closing duties.  Had to find a forklift driver to bring down a pallet of wood, and at 8 when B left, had a customer buy one of the large bags of sand outside.  Steve from OSLG came down and ran the forklift.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Black lace tee, cut off capris; #8 w/o mask!  Tried to put hearing aids in; they need cleaned or reprogrammed.  Off until Mon!

No comments: