Monday, April 3, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W6

 Day 25:  $3328

Due to a telephone call to insurance, I was 15 minutes late. Clocked in, then spent 10 minutes in the restroom before reporting to Lumber, where it was a madhouse.  Cust A needed 25 bags of concrete; Cust B needed 90 concrete blocks; Loader T was MIA (turned out he was also in the restroom!). Finally got it all sorted out and loaded. Kem took off; B and I handled everything. After B left at 5, things slowed way down. Did the prelim duties, plus tried to set up an LBA account for a customer (he was denied). Did my LU and AP4Me. HC J sent me to break at 7, and we discovered I'd been on Pro Se's account for 2 hours!  Left him a note to recheck his sales stats. At 8:30, Mack sent me to lunch; I took back all the returns first. When I returned, spot-swept the floor, mucked out the mats, pulled the trash, and wiped down the counters.  HC J arrived to clean out #2 and 3, so took the trash down, then walked her up front after #1. Put up my vest and clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K left at 4.

Outfit: Brown blouse, dark jeggings, brown 'dream catcher' danglies


Day 26:  $8591

Arrived and was told to fill the soda in Lumber.  Did the count, and loaded up a cart, but was called to help out twice on the front line.  Pushed the cart to lumber, then took over for Scott, who had to leave at 4.  Was on Self-checkout (and successfully printed out my own QR code!  It's my Genesis log in info, NOT red vest!) for 45 mins, then ASM SW sent me to break, then to lumber. Took over for B and did the prelim duties, and filled the Pro Coke coolers. Spot-swept, and at 7:45, Jaylee sent me to lunch. Came back and began the closing duties..,,,pulled trash, mucked the mats, swept the hardi board area, and sanitized the registers and counters.  Final customer was at closing, and needed an 0/r, so HC K stayed down there.  Had customer help me get the trash outside, then locked the doors and took the trash to Receiving, where Mike helped me toss it in the hopper. Clocked out at 10:20.

ASM K off today.

Outfit:  Teal patterned blouse, new faded jeggings, large zirconians

Off to Lafayette tomorrow!


Day 27:  $9486

Arrived back in town in time to drop my bag, brush my teeth, converse with the spouse, then head out. Turned out it was my day to mis-read everything. 1) thought I was 3-7; nope, 3-close. 2) Thought Loader E was supposed to arrive at 5; he arrived shortly after 6. 3) Told a customer that what they were looking for was in 'Bay 1'....turned out to be AISLE 52 BAY1, NOT Aisle 21!  Anyway, was with B for 2 hours, then by myself, and fairly steady, though I did manage to get the soda fronted and the other prelim duties accomplished. Marilyn sent me to lunch at 7:45; returned an item to Plumbing and an RTM, then enjoyed my meal. After clocking back in, did my LU and got started on the closing duties. Mucked out the mats, spot-swept the area, pulled all trash, and sanitized the registers and counters. Even took the step stool and got more off the top of the ice machine. When HC K came to clean me out, I locked the doors and took the trash to the hopper.  Walked her up front, then put up my vest.  ASM K let us out at 10:20.

Outfit:  Blue crew-neck Cabella's sweatshirt, red polo, new faded jeggings, small flower diamonds.


Day 28:  Good Friday $8573

Arrived and took over for B, who said he'd done over $20K in 8 hours!  WOW! At first, I wasn't that busy, and did the prelim duties, then spot-swept while ASM K was getting slammed over the phone by a customer, who then became rude....so rude, K hung up on her.  I honestly had to admire her restraint. I didn't think she had it in her to say, "I'm trying to help you, but you're being VERY direspectful and insulting to me..." She left at 7, after contacting SM J to fill him in. DID overhear her say she had the weekend off!!

I did my LU and read my email, and did some writing....then got busy around 8. Think it was mainly the 'I-hate-self-checkout' people, but I also had 3 customers in a row with multiple carts of lumber. Mack sent me to break at 8:45, and when I returned, mucked out the mats, pulled trash, and sanitized. Final customer was at 8:50. Walked HC K to the front, then locked the doors and took the trash to the hopper. Helped zone Aisle 10 before clocking out at 10:30.

Outfit: Blue/white fleece sweater, new faded jeggings, small textured hoops


Day 29:  Holy Sat $11,176

Was asked to come in early; clocked in at 4:20. Covered Self Checkout for 5 mins, then took a cart back to Garden, and went to Lumber. Helped Loader E1 on register 2, then took over for him. At 6, Marilyn left, and the place sort of died out. Did the prelim duties, had a 'rush', then things slowed down again. Em brought in cookies! Around 7:30, asked Olivia to watch my register so I could make a pit stop....then did the closing duties. Pulled trash, mucked out the mats, spot-swept, sanitized all registers and the counters. At 9:30, called HC K for someone to cover me for another pit stop. Locked the doors at 10, and when HC K arrived, took the trash to the hopper, returned an item to roofing, and put up my vest.

Only needed one o/r; we price-matched some of the PVC boards.

Teased SM J:  "You're actually here on a Saturday!"  Then when he saw me in my vest, he tossed it back:  "So nice of you to grace us with your presence on a Saturday!"

ASM K was off today, and we are CLOSED tomorrow!  Happy Easter!

Outfit:  Black/white l/s tee, black vest, new faded jeggings, silver and pearl antique danglies

No comments: