Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W8

 Day 36:  $8487

Arrived and took over for B.  Was slow at first; did the prelim duties, my AP4Me, and LU.  Tried to request off for June 2nd (Spring on Main), but something was wrong with the site.  Had a CFH do a phone order.  Rang him up, plus 40 concrete blocks and 42 bags of 80 lb concrete….then watched as they TRIED to load it in the back of a pick up.  I’ve got pictures of the back wheels bulging, and the guys told me the front ones had the rims on the ground.  They were NOT listening to the loaders; finally ASM M told them no, they weren’t going to be able to take all of it at once.  I wrote on their receipt, plus wrote K a note about it.

Saw Matt E!  He’s just been extremely busy.  I need to email him the Imaginarium website.

Had an intestinal emergency and spent 15 mins in the bathroom. 

At 8:30, began the closing duties.  At 9, sanitized the registers and counters.  Pulled the trash (outside was fine).  Locked the doors at 9:55…no cars in our lot.  Loader N brought in the concrete and took the trash to the hopper,  After HC K cleaned me out, returned items to Plumbing, Electrical, Tools, Paint, Hardware, and ISLG.

Also had a customer who reeked of bad pot.  Ugh.

Clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K left at 4:)

Outfit:  Blue LU outfit, new dark jeggings, diamond and gold ovals


Day 37:  $6611

Arrived at 3, and took back the returns, plus checked my schedule. We were slow for 2 hours.  As soon as B left, the 'floodgates' opened, and I was busy for a solid hour.  Ran out of $1s in #1, so hopped to #2.  Jaylee sent me to lunch at 6:30 and when I returned, was still fairly steady, until I ran out of $20s and 10s.  ASM S brought $$, and was able to get back on #1. Did get all the prelim duties and the closing duties accomplished, but didn't sanitize.  Did get the floor swept and the outside trash gathered.  Discovered Loader H graduated from Lafayette Harrison in 2021!  He used to work at Tropicanoe Cove.  Small world! 

Locked the doors at 10, and ASM S cleaned me out.  Walked him up front, then put up my vest. Clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K left at 4:)

Outfit:  Palm tree sweatshirt, faded jeggings, diamond and gold ovals


Day 38:  $4810

Arrived late, due to Billie Jo's funeral. Took over for Marilyn, and helped her do the soda count, then rang up a few customers.  Did the prelim duties, then swept.....and wrote.....went to break at 8:15, and when I returned, pulled the outside trash and did the closing duties.  HC K locked the doors as I was dealing with my final customer.  Had to wait until ASM K brought in the concrete (loader H had already taken my trash to the hopper), then returned an item to Hardware and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Black/gold blouse, black jeggings, silver and pearl antique danglies

Tomorrow:  Off to Kokomo!!  (Kokomo Con is Saturday)


Day 39:  Rare Sunday $10,013

Arrived and forgot it was only 3.  Mack took her break, then she did her AP4Me while I rang up the customers.  Only twice did I have to ask her to help out. She left at 5 and I started the prelim duties. Ran out of $1s around 6:30, so hopped over to #2, where I stayed the rest of the shift. Swept and organized the paperwork (no one had turned it in from Fri and Sat). Took my break at 7:15, and when I returned, pulled all the trash and mucked under the mats. Loader A took the hopper and brought in the concrete. I brought in the cull cart and locked the doors at 7:55. ASM S cleaned me out; I returned items to Aisles 19 and 17.  Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit: Red turtleneck, black vest, LJs, faded jeggings, gold oval danglies

No comments: