Monday, July 24, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W22

 Day 92:  $6374

Arrived and was immediately busy. Things slowed by 5:30, and did prelim duties, then rearranged some of the soda.  The lime-flavored water was up on the top shelf by the diet dew, so moved it over to the Pro Pepsi cooler, then moved the diet dew back up.  Did pop count and had it done by 7. Did AP4Me; forgot to do LU. Oh well. At 7:30, Kari sent me to break, and when I came back, HC C brought down the soda, so I put it away. Swept, then pulled trash. Dawson came down and took all but my little one. Mucked out the mats, sanitized the registers and counters, dusted Gatorade and waters. Locked the doors at 9:55.  HC C cleaned me out; I took the final trash bag to the hopper. Loader N brought in the concrete, and we closed the big door.  Returned items to Electrical, Fashion Bath, and Hardware.  Clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K left at 6:)

Outfit:  Blue LU tee, cut off capris, copper/Larimar danglies


Day 93:  $5836

Was called in tonight; two people didn't show. I shooed Marilyn out of lumber, then double-checked the trash; she'd already pulled the small ones. She overlooked the tax exempts, so gathered the paperwork and fronted the soda.  Filled the bags. Was fairly steady. Started sweeping at 7:30, and at 8:30, pulled the trash.  Seb sent me to break fifteen mins later, and when I returned, mucked out the mats and sanitized the registers.  Locked the doors at 9:55 when HC C cleaned me out.  Returned seeds to LG, and clocked out at 10:20.

ASM K was off; ASM SC closed:)

Outfit:  Blue Vancouver Aquarium tee, cut off capris, sea horses



Day 94:  $6619

Arrived somewhat late, then took over for B. Did the prelim duties, and just after DS G went to lunch, needed a pallet of concrete.  Paged several times, not knowing Loader E had also gone to lunch.  Customer found SM J, who found Charlie, and was able to get the pallet taken care of.  Then I needed an o/r, and had to call Josh from Flooring, who was none too happy about it. Rest of the night went smoothly.  Started sweeping at 7:30; Kari sent me to break at 8. Came back and finished mucking out the mats, and the closing duties.  Helped her put away the soda, then sanitized the registers and counters. Final customer left at closing. DS G brought in the concrete and took the hopper around. Closed and locked all doors, then when HC J cleaned me out, returned items to Paint and Hardware. Clocked out at 10:30 and J, Adriane, and I stood outside and chatted for 15 mins.  Decided we were all going to wear yellow on Sat.

ASM K was off; ASM SC closed:)

Outfit:  Gold tee, cut off capris, sapphire hoops


Day 95:  $7455

Arrived and took over for B, then was busy for 30 mins. Did the prelim duties and swept, and was fairly steady all shift.  Seb sent me to break at 9, and boy was I about to burst!  Even called down to CS and asked if they'd forgotten about the old lady with the 3 hour bladder?  (Yes....) I had already pulled the trash, so sanitized the registers and counters, and locked the doors at 9:55. Final customer was at closing. Loader N brought in the concrete, then I closed the large door.  HC K cleaned me out; I took the trash to the hopper and put up my vest.

Think ASM K had taken her prozac; we actually had 2 (TWO!) civilized conversations!!  But then learned she went off on the girls who work overnights....their supervisor had okay'd wearing tank tops and bike shorts, since the a/c was turned off, and the LOW was 77.  The high was in the 90s, with a 107 degree heat index.

Outfit:  Gray Indiana tee, cut off capris, red/clear danglies


Day 96:  $11,396

Arrived to what I'd hoped to be a nice, quiet shift, since B said he only did $10K.  Was only slow the 1st half hour, when I did the prelim duties, then realized we had more than enough people to do a soda count.  Between customers, had it done by 7:30. HC B came down at 8:30 to send me to break, and when I returned, I pulled the trash and began sweeping. Another wave hit at 9, and my final customer left at 9:55.  ASM J wasn't too happy I was preoccupied with loading an LAR to realize my line was backing up, and called for a Code 3.  HC B came down and helped check out one customer while I handled the other 3. Returned items to Electrical, Paint, and Tools after Loader E brought in the concrete and took the hopper around.  Clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K left at 6:)

Outfit:  Blue/white stripe tee, cut off capris, antique silver/pearl danglies


Day 97:  Rare Saturday $6590

Arrived and helped Kait with a complicated Millwork items, then took over for her. Things slowed a bit; did the prelim duties, then Loader N left and Loader E went to lunch.  Fifteen mins later, a customer wants a bundle of drywall.  Steve and Wyatt finally came down to help. Then another customer wanted concrete....another needed help in tools....another needed plumbing.  E and A returned, and Brenda sent me to break at 7:30. When I returned, the sky was darkening as the storm rolled in.  For whatever reason, my brain registered the time as nearly 9, so went ahead and pulled all the trash and started mucking the mats.  Then realized I was an hour early.....so watched the clouds and lightening, and rang up the occasional customer.  Had to ring up another customer's washer/dryer in Genesis, due to needing the 10% off.  After a comedy of errors (I lost it and we had to call Appliances for the item numbers, then couldn't remember LD instead of DL, and first marked it as PL), we finally had them rung up correctly and the customer paid and left.  At 9:30, a customer walked in with a small gray kitten in her T-shirt.  They left at 9:55.  I locked the doors; E brought in the concrete and took the trash to the hopper; I closed the large door and when HC J arrived, returned items to Aisle 17, Electrical, Paint, Pets, and Seasonal.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Also scored a credit app!

ASM K was off:)

Outfit:  Yellow Fla tee, cut off capris, sea horses


Day 98:  Rare Sunday  $8254

Arrived and gave Mari her break, then was busy until 4:30.  Decided to fill the soda before she left at 5, so did that, then took over.  Did the prelim duties and swept, then was busy from 6-7. Pulled trash, mucked out the mats, and sanitized, then was slammed at 7:30 and final customer left at 8.  Charlie locked the doors, and that's when I found out we had some guy circling the store on his bike.  Marty took the trash, then Charlie and Loader E brought in the concrete. HC J cleaned me out; I returned items to LG and Hardware, then put up my vest. Clocked out at 8:40.

Got mildly irritated at ASM J; I was helping Kari restock the soda (she sent me to break at 5:30), when a customer walked up.  I only had two more Gatorlytes to put away and she brought it to my attention there was a customer.  I KNOW!  I had turned around and TOLD him I'd be there in a moment (it was one of my 'frequent flyers')!  As if I'm just supposed to drop EVERYTHING???  *eye roll*

ASM K was off:)

Outfit:  Black/gray square neck blouse, cut off capris, double pearls.

No comments: