Saturday, November 26, 2011

Saturday Book Review (And Stupid Saying)

First of all, today's stupid saying:
In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make.
-socialite Paris Hilton

Duh!  (head slap) I would certainly hope so!

And now for the books I've read lately:




This book contains both Woman On Fire and Jillian's Job.  I'd read Woman On Fire before in e-format, so I eagerly devoured Jillian's Job.  I loved it and had a hard time putting it down:)



This was my first Linda Kage book, and it took me back to my own high school years of finding out the 'popular basketball player' was actually interested in (gasp!) ME!  Very enjoyable read and one I definitely recommend:) I look forward to Ms Kage's other work!



I think this is the one I had to finish reading on my laptop; for whatever reason, only pages 1-8 showed up on my laptop.  I really enjoyed the story, and watching Sara's ex-husband taken down a notch.  I'm going to download it again so I can read at my leisure, rather than scrolling rapidly to avoid underage eyes from seeing anything inappropriate, lol!



I really enjoyed this one!  I wanted to grab Colin and go with him back to Scotland, lol!


This is my first Allie Standiffer book, and it won't be my last!  I thoroughly enjoyed the interaction between Petra and Roman, and loved how she included Duchess the dog near the end!  Great job Allie!

Next up:
I'm currently reading A Long Time Coming, soon to be followed by Wet Ride, then Whiz Bang.  I somehow managed to skip Bound and Determined, so need to go back and read it.  Desiree Holt never fails to entertain me, as does Rita Carlysle.

Happy Saturday:)  Today on the agenda is putting up the tree and decorating the house for Christmas.  My College Kid returns to Purdue tomorrow, so I'm enjoying the time we spend together.

Kenzie will be posting a short story tomorrow on The Writer's Evo blog, so stop by and say hi?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to reading the group of books too. Always a Fran Lee lover.
Have fun putting up the tree. We're doing ours tomorrow. :)

Linda Kage said...

Hey, you read my story already!! Wow, thanks for mentioning it. You're too sweet.

I hadn't heard of the others, but I have heard of Fran Lee!

I see your cover for Forbidden Love is here. I really like it. Congrats!

Molly Daniels said...

I've enjoyed the series, and am disappointed by the similarities in toys. I thought each book would feature a different one, but with the exception of one or two, all the toys are the same.

But the stories are EXCELLENT!

Molly Daniels said...

LOL Linda....we posted at the same time!

I forgot to mention to you I'd featured Crush:) Going to see if my 17 y/o is interested in reading it.

Thanks; I love that cover! I'd pictured Sarah Love Hewitt as the heroine, and Dawne did a GREAT job:)

And I highly recommend Jillian's Job and Out of Her Dreams:)