Friday, July 20, 2012

Flashback Friday: Chick Magnet:)

July 1992:
For the 4th of July festivities, we went to my aunt's house.  Since I'd forgotten K's swimming suit, we first put him in a diaper, then later just let him skinny dip:)  My aunt had several floatation devices for young children, and he enjoyed his time in the water with various relatives.

A week later, Nephew D came to stay with us for several weeks.  Day #2, I left K at the pool with the 14 y/o while I ran back to the apartment for a bottle.  I arrive back at the pool maybe ten minutes later; D is surrounded by teenage girls, collecting phone numbers!

"Aunt Molly, I like this kid; he's a chick magnet!"  D called and took the bottle from me.

I went back in the water; D carried him to the shallow end and sat on the steps with his 'entourage'!

D would eventually strike up a small romance with one of the young ladies, but it wouldn't last.  More on this next month.

I also took K, who at 7 months had developed two bottom teeth and the ability to sit up, to get his picture taken.  I dressed him in his christening outfit, and he smiled his sunny smile and was very cooperative.  One of my favorite shots was him stripped to a diaper, inside a metal wash bucket, with a rubber duck and baby powder can on the outside.  I really wish I could scan this photo into my computer; it's priceless!

We were also looking to move into a larger apartment, and when I finally threatened to leave, the apartment complex promptly coughed up TWO for me to look at!  I'd been told to 'keep checking back at the end of the month to see if we have anyone moving out...' to no avail.  So I picked the one I wanted and we made arrangements to move:)

Next Month:  Adjusting to the new home and a mini-vacation!

Present Day:
Attended my SIL's wedding last weekend and ended up 'kidnapping' Miss Drama Queen and her brother, Mr. Energy.  Since it's unclear when they will be returning as of yet (they 'have' to be home the week of their birthday, Aug 6th), I'm taking more vacation time.  Took the kids to the pool on Tuesday and to see Ice Age #4:  Continental Drift last night.  FUNNY!

And I've got a slight problem:  Apparently, back in 2007 when I converted most of my 3.5 floppy discs to CD's, I neglected to put #13 and #14 onto the CD's.  I've checked my office supply store and Radio Shack; neither of them sell the external hard drives or have the means to download the files to my flash drive.  I still have yet to try the library, another computer store in town, or travel an hour south to Best Buy (I'll call them before we travel that far).

I know why I probably neglected to do so; at the time I was planning to put out each Arbor U book one book per year ( keep in mind it took five years between the first two, lol!), but it didn't happen that way.  I'm trying to now put them out two per year, which means I need to get cracking on #8-12.

Confused?  I don't blame you!

MFRW Summer Camp:
I spent three days copying and pasting all the pertinent details of the two day workshop, including the Q&A sessions.  The document is 50 pages long; however, I may go back in and edit it a little, breaking it up into smaller documents.


Currently Reading:
Finished The Time Traveler's Wife and now I really want to see the movie, to see how the screenplay handled all the bouncing around. Now I'm on Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell.  I had watched the first episode of the TV show, but it conflicted with other programming, so forgot to videotape/DVR it.  So far, the book is interesting:)


E-book:  Loved, loved, LOVED Kellie Kamryn's Rebound!  I'm now reading The Perfect Score.  Both of these are Definite Recommended Reads!  Pick them up here:)

No comments: