Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Colorado Day #8 and The Wildlife Encounters From The Week


Here are our Wildlife Encounters for the week:  #1, Rachel and an injured mouse on Monday



#2, Rachel and the ducks at Lake Estes



#3, a goose at Lake Estes



#4, a Bald Eagle:)



#5:  Tuesday, a marmot was outside the Alpine House.



#6, a herd of elk on Trail Ridge Rd



#7 Mule deer in RMNP Tuesday evening


#8 Chipmunks on Friday at Chipmunk Mtn aka Prospect Peak.



#9 The Big Horn Sheep my spouse and three kids saw Monday up Trail Ridge Rd while I was at Lake Estes with my sister and her kids.  I've yet to see them with my own eyes.




I can't seem to get the above pics from being conjoined; the top one is a picture of Estes Park from the top of Chipmunk Mtn.  The bottom one is of Alex and I as she's perched on a large boulder.



Grandpa and his grandchildren:)



The tram as it's coming up the mountain; we're on our way down:)

Tomorrow, Pt 2 of Day #8:)

If you're wondering why I've not posted any updates as to what I'm reading, the daughter has taken possession of the Kindle again.  I found an abandoned print book by Patricia Sprinkle titled What Are You Wearing To Die and I've been reading a few chapters every night.  Plus, BC Brown gave me six or eight print books which she couldn't fit in her car for her trip next week.  I'll post the update next week.  In the meantime, I'm taking advantage of this free time to clean my house from top to bottom, as we baby-proof again.  Miss A has learned to climb on the furniture, so it's phase #3 of Keeping Alex Safe, ha ha!











7 comments:

Rose Anderson said...

Nice post. My daughter was married to the ranger and they lived in that park. They regularly had traffic jams the locals call Elk jams.

Nicole Morgan said...

Aww loved the photos! :)

Tabitha Shay said...

Beautiful pics....Thx for sharing. We nearly ran over a herd of Longhorn Sheep one morning going around a curve on I-70 West....They r beautiful up close....

Melissa Keir said...

I'm drawn to the animals around no matter where I am. I love your post. Congrats on Miss A walking. Such fun and she's getting so big!

Unknown said...

More beautiful pics...thanks for sharing!

RuthZ said...

Great pictures. We had a family vacation out there a few years ago and loved it. One of my daughter's favorite memories is ESTES PARK and going down a snowy mountain with my windbreaker in July! It's beautiful there. Thanks for bringing back some great memories.

Marianne Stephens said...

Beautiful photos...nature is always there to present stunning pics for us.
Daughter #2 just got back from there...went camping and the kids loved it. I think she was glad to sleep in her bed again!