Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday Ramblings


Look what arrived in yesterday's mail!  *Does Happy Dance*
Currently Reading:  Still on Moosed Up:)  Finished Fracas and enjoyed most of the short stories.  If you're in the mood for something a little different, pick this one up when the 2nd edition arrives!  I'm promised it will be better:)  Also started Rick Kelsheimer's The Lost Slab and I had to force myself to put this down after Ch. 5.  Otherwise, I'd have never gone to bed.  And began reading Quixotic:)

Karaoke Update:
I'm making progress on my 'D' titles!
On the 17th, at BC Brown's Sayonara Karaoke Party, I sang four songs:
-Black Velvet (Alannah Myles) Nailed it!
-Dress You Up (Madonna) Eh, so-so
-Drops of Jupiter (Train) I thought it was good:)
-Jolene (Dolly Parton) Changed the words to 'Phoenix'  and did well!  I sooo need to add this to my warm up list!

Last week, I sang the following:
-The Night the Lights Went out in Georgia (Reba) Very good!
-Dream A Little Dream of Me (Mama Cass) Bleh....too low and someone had turned off the mike at the bottom; took me half the 1st verse to figure it out.  Might try this again at some point though...
-Dream On (Aerosmith) Sang this with Karaoke Jim, and thought it went well.  In two weeks, I'll sing it solo and see how I sound.

Tomorrow, I'll be singing
-Dark Lady (Cher)
-Dream Lover (Bobby Darin)
-Dream Weaver (Gary Wright)
-Dreams (Fleetwood Mac)
-Don't Pay The Ferry Man (Chris DeBurg)

One more week and I'll be into the 'E' titles!!!

Have a wonderful 3-day weekend and I'll be back next week!

No comments: