Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Please Welcome Dorothy Bell:)







Hi, everybody, Dorothy A. Bell here. I would like to thank my host for putting me up on her blog today. As an introduction, I thought I would give visitors a glimpse into my life so far.
I grew up in southern Iowa, moved to Oregon’s Willamette Valley at the age of eleven. I was in the sixth grade when I started school in Oregon. On my first day of school, I encountered the boy I would eventually marry. He kept pestering me, trying to kiss me. I held out until I turned sixteen, then I kind’a got the hang of the kissing thing. We’ve been married for forty-eight years, he’s still a pest, bless him.
I started out writing Regency Romances to entertain myself. I took writing courses, but I think I learned the most by submitting my work to publishers, editors and agents, and getting feedback. Laid low for nearly twenty-five years with arthritis, forced to use a battery-powered cart, I took up aquatic exercise and became an instructor. After two surgeries to replace my knees, I went to work on myself and lost eighty-five pounds, which I have kept off.
My husband and I live in Central Oregon with two West Highland White terriers, an energetic, longhaired Dachshund and one big, angora tuxedo cat. When I need a break from writing Oregon historical western romances, I work in the yard or my garden.
This year I am proud to announce the release of two Laura Creek romances “The Reprobate” and “The Cost of Revenge”, available on Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-eBooks/b?ie=UTF8&node=154606011
 Barnes and Noble, http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/NOOK-Book-eBook-store/379003094  Good Reads, https://www.goodreads.com/ and Freya’s Bower, http://freyasbower.com as e-books.





The Reprobate
A Laura Creek Western Romance
Fiddle playing, hard drinking Royce O’Bannon believes he’s worthless like his old man, no woman should have anything to do with him.
Music teacher Cleantha Arnaud, her virtue long spent, believes her life is over; crippled and barren, no man would want her. When these two outcasts become lovers, hopes and dreams blossom within their parched souls.
Royce’s vengeful daddy begins a campaign of retaliation against his traitorous sons and the town that gave them a second chance.
Driven by a fledgling sense of responsibility, Royce follows his daddy into the dark tunnels beneath Pendleton’s streets intent on putting a stop to the old man’s vengeful crusade. With a swift crack on the head, all of Royce’s newly found hopes and dreams could be shattered like candied glass. Who would miss a reprobate, a worthless man?

Excerpt from “The Cost of Revenge

Quinn, turning his attention back to the lump of
hostility sitting on his step, put his hands on his hips,
steeling himself for battle. “All right, Miss McAdam….”
Her black eyes glittered and flashed, meeting his
challenging grin. Obvious loathing oozed from her
every pore. “Don’t you dare touch me.” she said, her
words reminding him of a snake’s hiss of warning
before it sank it’s fangs into flesh.

“Oh, I’m going to touch you,” Quinn assured her
with a wag of his head. “As a matter of fact, I’m going
to pick you up and carry you upstairs to my bed.”

 “I’ll bite your nose off. I’ll scratch your eyes out if
you try it.”

He leaned down, his face inches from her nose. “I
should leave you right where you sit. You can’t walk,”
he said, pointing out the obvious, his eyes traveling
the length of her, finally settling on the sight of her fat
foot and her bandaged ankle. Deliberately, raking
every inch of her body with his eyes, his gaze traveled
back up to her shoulder. “You’re right-handed, if I’m
not mistaken.” Recalling how she’d carried the baby on
her left hip, leaving her right arm free, he knew he had
it right. “I doubt you can feed yourself, not with that
sling on your arm and your wrist all bandaged up. No,
Miss McAdam, I don’t think you’ll give me too much
trouble. You see, I have what you hold most dear.”

“You have nothing.”

“Oh, but I do,” he said sweetly. “I have your
brothers and your sister. Ah, you see, I’ve lured them
into my lair with the promise of food and shelter. The
way I see it, you have no choice in the matter, and I
can and I will carry you inside. Your only alternative is
to sit here like a stubborn, broken-down mule. I can’t
let you stay out here, I’d have to sweep you off my step
in the morning.”

“Go to hell.” she said. When he picked her up, she
screeched and cursed him in a language he couldn’t
understand, but got the meaning behind every
utterance as he carried her around to the back
entrance of the mercantile.

* * * *

Tru tried to kick, but couldn’t, at least not without
inflicting a great deal of pain upon herself. He had her
good arm snugged up against his chest, and her other
arm was useless, swelling fast. She had a headache,
and she could feel a fever coming on—in more ways
than one.

The first time she’d seen him, she’d thought Quinn
O’Bannon too pretty. Up close this fact became
strikingly disturbing. He even smelled pretty—spicy
and clean like soap. He had tan skin, his features
almost perfect. Almost, except for that bump on the
bridge of his nose. But even that defect enhanced the
rakish, dangerous air he projected. To notice his nose,
she couldn’t very well avoid looking into his dark,
brown eyes. She regretted doing so, instantly. Those
laughing eyes mocked her indignation.

One thing they could probably agree on—she was a
fool. She had to be, to feel this emotion, cradled here
in his arms...heart racing...pulse pounding. She could
feel every muscle in his arms, and the warmth of his
hands through the fabric of her skirt, pressing against
her thigh. His touch sent ripples of aching desire
through her veins. They were so close she could feel
the heat of his chest against her side. Angry and in
pain, it thoroughly disgusted her that she could be so
affected by his nearness, by his touch. It wasn’t what
she wanted. She wanted to hate Quinn O’Bannon. She
wanted his touch to sicken her, not set her on fire with
longing.

Thank you for being with me today Dorothy!  Remember, you can buy her books at the following places:  
            Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-eBooks/b?ie=UTF8&node=154606011 
Barnes and Noble, http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/NOOK-Book-eBook-store/379003094            
Good Reads, https://www.goodreads.com/  
Freya’s Bower, http://freyasbower.com as e-books.

4 comments:

Dorothy A. Bell said...

Thank you, Molly. This looks great.

Melissa Keir said...

I loved the cover and it sounds like an exciting book! :)

Molly Daniels said...

Thanks for being with me today Dorothy:)

Unknown said...

Loved the excerpt to The Cost of Revenge. Hooked me right in!