Friday, May 4, 2018

Flashback Friday: 6th Grade Graduation!

May 1978:
I remember doing Geneology reports and irritating my mother by waiting until the last minute.  BS'd my way through mine.

At our Girl Scout Fly Up Ceremony, the sixth grade girls sang On My Honor, with two at a time singing the verses.  It was the 1st time I'd ever been in front of the microphone, and rather liked it:)

We got to spend a few hours at Southwestern Junior High, shadowing a 7th grader.  I don't remember the girl I shadowed, but experience a Science class and a Math class.

At our final choir performance/6th grade graduation, it was revealed that my horrible 4th grade teacher, Mrs. V, was retiring.  I was thrilled; she should have retired 3 years earlier, but put on the sad face like the others.

Happy summer vacation!!!!

Next Month:  Colorado trip!!!

*********
Present Day:
Weather permitting, I'll be setting up at the 1st Friday Art Walk tonight.  Hoping to sell at least 3-5 books:)

Yesterday, we celebrated 27 years of marriage; it rained, so spent a quiet day at home, then met my College Kid and his g/f at the Hibachi Buffet.  I had a choice; roll anniversary and Mother's Day into one meal, or go cheap for one.  I opted for cheap last night, and want our Mexican restaurant for Mother's Day!

Have A Great Weekend!

No comments: