Friday, February 15, 2019

Flashback Friday

Feb 1999
This year, I think I simply made a delicious meal for the family, and sent the kids off to school with their Valentines.

This might have also been about the time S began wearing her black jeans and black turtleneck to school, since her friend Dalton liked her in it and 'black is Grandpa's favorite color.'  Since she only went to school one day a week, I had a chat with her teachers about her choice of wardrobe, and convinced them she wasn't depressed; she was simply wearing her favorite outfit to impress her 1st 'boyfriend'.

Next Month:  Baseball sign ups 

********
Present Day:
Am putting the final touches to two books, in order to get them both back up.  Catered Romance is nearly finished, with having the chapter headings revised, and I'm waiting to see if it's too much trouble to switch Winning Her Heart to a Molly Daniels book.  If N can't switch it via photoshop, I may send off a query to Val about doing it, and seeing how much she'd charge.  I also need to switch the blurb, since I changed all the main character names.

I hope to get the e-version of Catered Romance up for pre-order by March 1st.  Going to offer it for $.99, with the full price being $3.99 on May 21st.  That's also the planned date for the print version to go live.

I wanted to do it on May 19, but that day happens to fall on a Sunday.  What do you think?  Release it on Sunday or Tues?

We're having the Bundy Valentine's Day this year, since our tax refund arrived today.  Payday happens next week, so S and I fixed pork chops, mashed potatoes, and California veggies.  W has strep throat, so he spent the day in bed.  He was still feverish this morning, so hopefully he'll feel better by Monday.

S also brought me a dozen yellow roses and a yellow bear, along with two bags of peanut butter eggs:)  A got a brown bear with a heart-shaped box of chocolates, and a Nutella snack.  After taking A to school this morning, S went to the store and brought back doughnuts, a large case of bacon (on sale for $10!) and some other goodies.

Breaking News:
My College Kid proposed to his girlfriend this morning!!!!  They arrived with fresh doughnuts to let us know the news:)  We like J; they've been together over a year now, and I think they're planning to wait until after K graduates from college to set the date.





No comments: