Friday, May 3, 2019

Flashback Friday: End of the School Year!

May 1979:
This month was full of activity.  We held our final choir concert of the year; our school held a 'carnival day', and I signed up for Cracker Whistle.  Basically, it was a relay race in which contestants consumed a package of Saltines, then attempted to whistle.

I practiced, since I didn't want to let my team down.  The day of the event, I did well; it only took me two tries to get the whistle approved, so I could run back and tag the next player.  I think we came in second.

The last day of school, however, disaster struck.  I had my key out, ready to unlock the door, and my sister hit my arm, causing the key to drop.  We never DID find that thing, and I'm still convinced it fell into the only crack in our porch, that keeps getting wider over the years.

We ended up borrowing a Phillips head screwdriver and a straight edge one, so I could open the kitchen window and shove W through it, in order to open the door.  She was not amused, and neither were our parents when they found out about my lost key.

Next Month:  Summer!

******
Present Day:
Today is our 28th wedding anniversary.  Since I'll be setting up at the 1st Friday Art Walk tonight, the spouse is taking me to lunch, hopefully to our Japanese restaurant.  I've not been there since last summer!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: