Monday, May 8, 2023

Life in Lumber, Y5, W11

 Day 47:  $9811

Arrived and took over for K, and rang up a few customers.  Brought in carts, and talked to B. When he left at 5, was busy for half an hour, then did the prelim duties and AP4Me, plus LU. HC C sent me to lunch at 7:30, and when I returned, began the closing duties.  Final customer was around 9:15, so spot-swept what I could (didn't have a dustpan, but had a small hand-held) and sanitized the registers.  At 9:45, brought all 3 cull carts in and locked the doors.  HC C cleaned me out; Returned items to Electrical, Tools, and Paint.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Blue Vancouver Aquarium tee, cut off capris, sea horses.


Day 48:   $9314

Arrived and took over for B.  Was busy at first, then things slowed way down.  Did the prelim duties and LU, then checked my schedule. Around 8, began sweeping.  Was sent to break at 8:30, and when I returned, did the closing duties, plus sanitized the registers and counters.  Saw several people whom I've not seen in a while (JM, SG, Zach B, and Ben), plus some crazies....the ones who called about the cull packs, then changed their minds....the ones who paid for their LCA, then didn't use it when they checked out....the guy who saved an estimate on the app, then discovered the Pros weren't there, but accepted my 10% offer instead of waiting until tomorrow. Oh well.....brought in the cull packs at 9:50 and locked the doors at 10.  HC K cleaned me out; Loader E took my trash and I walked her up front.  Returned items to Tools and Paint.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Not sure if I accidentally offended ASM M or if she was teasing.....I'd asked her if the hopper was at the end of Lumber, and she said no.

"Do you know where it is? (shakes head) And you call yourself a manager." I was teasing.

"That offends me....I thought we were friends."

Really? So I gave her a Hershey's Kiss when I next saw her.  "Peace offering."  She took it and looked at me as if she'd think about it.  *rolls eyes*

Outfit:  Red LU tee, cut off capris, treble clefs


Day 49:  $10,145

Went in at 3, to make up for Wednesday's call in (got hit with intestinal flu).  Ended up being in Lumber to take care of customers while B was tied up with a call to the service center for a customer.  It was finally resolved at 4!  I filled the Pepsi cooler and some of the Gatorade, then after B left, did the prelim duties.  Jay sent me to break at 5;30, and when I returned, did my LU and rang up customers.  Got sent to lunch at 8, then started the closing duties. Locked the doors at 10.  After HC K cleaned me out, I took the trash to the hopper, then put up my vest. Clocked out at 10:20.

Outfit:  Black Alaskan Hwy tee, cut off capris, thin silver hoops


Day 50:  $9261

Offered to come in and it was accepted.  Took over for B, and things were busy for an hour.  Had to be on #2, since 1 was out of $1s. Got the prelim duties accomplished around 6, and the traffic came and went.  One customer needed 140 sheets of 1/2 inch OSB, and that kept Loader E fairly busy. Was sent on break at 7:30, and when I returned, did my LU, then began the closing duties. Pulled ALL the trash, and spot-swept (in fact, at the beginning, swept up styrofoam and it irritated my asthma). Mucked out the mats and sanitized the registers.  Locked the doors at 10, and ASM S cleaned me out. Loader E took the trash and brought in the concrete, then I walked with S up front, returning items to Electrical, Tools, and Fashion Bath.  Clocked out at 10:20.

Outfit:  I like coffee tee, cut off capris, small gold hoops.

ASM K returns from vacation tomorrow. Too bad she didn't extend another week....here's hoping she returns in a good mood!

No comments: