Monday, May 22, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W13

 Day 57:  $10,984

Arrived at 3, only to discover my shift wasn't scheduled until 3:30.  Clocked in, then filled the Pepsi cooler. Decided to go ahead and get a mop and some Lysol wipes, and had Loader A bill them out later in the evening. Bill pay company called; we got the loan; now to see what the payment schedule is like, AND we're out of litigation with Cap 1!  Whoot! Then, after I logged on to my register and checked out 2 customers, Kyle called.  After B left, things were steady until 6, and I could get the prelim duties finished. Ran out of $1s on #1, so hopped to #2 for an hour. HC C brought me $$, then sent me to lunch at 8.  Only took 30 mins, and when I returned, started the closing duties, including a THOROUGH sweep of my area! Did my AP4Me and LU. Mucked out the mats, sanitized the registers, brought in the cull carts, and final customer left at 9:50.  Locked the doors five mins later, lol! HC C cleaned me out; Loader A had left the hopper out front, so I took out the trash and waited for him to dump it, then bring in the concrete.  Clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K had called in sick:)

Had a humorous moment before lunch:  A father/son were checking out.  Dad swipes his card, then says to the son, "Maybe I should have used YOUR card."  The look on the kid's face was PRICELESS, as he tried to comprehend what his dad was saying!  The father looked at me and said, "I'm glad you saw his face!"

Outfit:  JHS Marching Band tee, cut off capris, small textured hoops.


Day 58:  $10,073

Day began with sad news; Sandy K passed yesterday.  Memorial service is Thurs. Began shift by taking over for B, then doing the prelim duties.  Shift was steady for an hour, then slowed way down. Got a compliment:  Customer told me his wife questioned why he was parking in Pro, and was it because he was closer to the trim? 

"That, and my favorite cashier is usually down here."

Awwwwww.....

Found out ASM K's partner is in the burn unit in E'ville.  He went to pour gas on a fire; it wasn't diluted; the flames traveled UP the stream of liquid and burned his legs.

Mack sent me to break at 8:15, and when I returned, she was having an issue with #1, so after trying again, I told her to go try #2, and rang up the rest of the customers in line. That time it worked, and she left.  I started the closing duties, swept the floor again, sanitized the registers, did my LU.  Brought in the drink station and locked the doors at 10.  When HC C cleaned me out, I took the trash to the hopper, then returned items to Plumbing, Hardware, Aisle 30, and LG.

Outfit:  Blue/white stripe tee, cut off capris, small gold textured.

Off the next 2 days!


Day 59:  $10,634

Shift began with Adrianne and I complaining about ASM K and how many associates she's made cry the past year. All of a sudden, we hear a cell phone ring.  Both of us dropped our voices to a whisper and hoped it wasn't her!  Then we heard SM J's voice, and relaxed, then got the hell out of the training room!

Went down and took over for Colt, and attempted to do the prelim duties, but was slammed.  Things finally settled around 8, and was able to get the Coke coolers filled. Marilyn sent me to break at 8:10; returned items to Electrical, then took my break. When I returned, I started the closing duties and pulled all the trash except for outside, and fronted the soda. Didn't get a chance to sweep or sanitize. Final customer left at 9:50; brought in the drink station and locked the doors. When HC J cleaned me out, I took the trash to the hopper and the cardboard to the square basket. Returned an electrical outlet, then put up my vest. Loader N had already brought in the concrete, so J locked the door before we took off to the front. Clocked out at 10:20, and ASM S gave me my $25 Texas Rdhouse GC:)

Outfit:  Dk gray Indiana tee, cut off capris, Equadorian beads.

I'm off the weekend and Monday!!!!

No comments: