Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W14

 Day 60:  $5802

Arrived to discover ASM K has taken a leave of absence:) I wish her b/f/hubby/whatever a speedy recovery.  Things were slightly chaotic the first several hours, so much that after Colt left, Kate came down to help out.  She left at 6, and Mack sent me to lunch at 6:15. Had a customer ask me for wire, so opened the cage and pulled out the 2 bundles, only to discover I couldn't carry them!  Customer carried them back to the Pro counter. Did my LU and AP4Me, rhen clocked out for lunch. Returned at 7:15 and discovered #1 had no $1s, 5, or 10s. Hopped over to #2, where I stayed the rest of the shift.  Got the floor swept, the mats mucked, registers sanitized, the soda put away, and the cull carts brought in. After I locked the doors, went over to the Hardi board and swept up all the concrete dust.  Let Charlie in; he brought in the concrete, then I closed the door behind him. When HC C cleaned me out, I took the trash and cardboard down. Zoned aisle 3, then clocked out at 10:45.

Outfit:  Gray flag tee, cut off capris, blue sapphire hoops

Josef Newgarden won the 500!!!  Marcus Ericksson was 2nd; Alexander Rossi was 5th.  Race was okay until Lap 100, then a few crashes occured...then things really got going at Lap 185....3 crashes, 3 red flags!


Day 61:  $16,110

Day began in a frustrating way, since D found an injured skunk in our vacant lot.  I called the Pet Port, who couldn't get a hold of our wildlife guy; the DNR, who referred me to the Sheriff's office, who told me to shoot it; Gator's Critters, who didn't answer their phone or call me back. Finally made contact with a skunk rescue out of North Salem who told me it was okay to feed and water it.  Then W came home and after letting it drink some water (it didn't seem to want the egg), we humanely euthanized it with a pellet gun.  Yes, I cried. 

Before leaving for work, something spooky happened.  I felt something grab the back of my shirt....but D was in his chair, W was in his room, and I hadn't snagged it on any furniture.  Went to work and due to construction, was late.  Shift went well, just extremely busy until I came back from lunch at 8.  Did my LU, and swept the place. Brought in the cull carts, and did a credit app, but apparently forgot to give the customer back his ID. It's at CS.  Put up my vest and clocked out....then discovered ASM SC is a HUGE Superman fan, and is jealous of my trip next week.  Told him I'd try to get him a golf ball for his collection.

ASM K's partner has 3rd degree burns all over his calves.  They have to travel to Louisville 3 times a week for treatment.

Outfit:  Yoda tee, cut off capris, lg diamonds.


Day 62:  $1160

Made a mad dash up to Lafayette to take Mom to hair appt, and since there is construction at 231 and 800 S, decided to take 26 across.  Uh-oh, detour.  Took me all the way up to Fowler, half an hour north. Arrived at 1pm. THEN, discovered friend GF-SWL was across the street at Meijer, so she and I went to Subway and chatted while Mom was getting beautified! Said goodbyem then Mom and I went to Popeye's and Culvers (hot fudge sundae) before returning her. Left at 5 and took 25 to 74.  All fine, but needed a nap in Terre Haute for a few. Arrived at 8; clocked in at 8:15, then took over for Mack. Did all the closing duties, sans a thorough sweeping and sanitize, but I was tired and can do it on Saturday. Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  LV Indian Motorcycle tee, cut off capris, lg diamonds


Day 63:  Rare Saturday  $7033

Arrived to discover the afternoon shift had been packed. Thankfully, things slowed down after 5:30, and was able to get the prelim duties accomplished.  Customer A's temporary pass wouldn't load, and multiple attempts to look him up failed.  Finally, I took a closer look at the email and realized whomever had set him up had his name BACKWARDS (last name first). Was able to ring him up...then had to have HC J give him his 20% off.  Meanwhile, Loader E hopped on #2 and dealt with the back up!

Pulled trash early, due to wrong bag in my large container, and it was ripped. Got entire floor swept; mats mucked; registers and counters sanitized; even dusted and rearranged the water display. HC J sent me to break at 8:30. Final customer was at 9:45, so brought in the last of the carts and locked the doors at 10. Loader N brought in the concrete and took the trash to the hopper.  After HC J cleaned me out, returned items to Plumbing, Tools, and Seasonal. Put up my vest and clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Tribble tee, cut off capris, lg diamonds


Day 64:  Rare Sunday  $8593

Arrived and spent the 1st hour filling the soda cooler and arranging for Colt to take my Thursday the 15th, so I can go to choir practice.  Still need to find someone for the 17th.

Really didn't feel good all day; woke up with scratchy throat and consumed cough drops. After Marilyn left at 6, did the closing duties; swept the floor at 7, mucked the mats, and sanitized the registers.  Loader N took the trash and brought in the concrete. After HC C cleaned me out, I returned items to Tools and Hardware.  Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit:  Blessed G'ma tee, cut off capris, sapphire hoops

No comments: