Monday, May 15, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W12

 Day 51:  $11,829

Arrived and had to help a customer figure out what he wanted to pay for plywood.  Took over for B, who was doing a complicated order, and rang up customers for an hour. At 6, did the prelim duties and started sweeping, even mucking out the mats. Dawson sent me to lunch at 8:15, so I took back the returns to Plumbing, Tools, and Hardware, then took my break.  When I returned, I rang up several more customers and sanitized the registers and counters. Locked the doors at 10.  ASM K cleaned me out, and even had a semi-civil conversation about her vacation.  Walked her up front, then returned while Loader A brought in the concrete and took the trash. Shut the large door and clocked out at 10:28.

Outfit:  Maroon Classy tee, cut off capris, antique silver and pearl danglies


Day 52:  $10,242

Arrived and was told by ASM S he needed my picture. Clocked in and thanked him for Memorial Weekend off, then took over for B, who worked Kem's shift. Things were steady, and at 5, did the prelim duties. Marilyn sent me to break, and did my LU back in the training room.  ASM S took my picture, then informed me I was Cashier of the Month!  Finally; I EARNED it! (Last year, got it by default, since Lee, who should have had it, transferred to night shift). At 6, Marilyn sent me to lunch, so first I did my AP4Me back in the training room (took me 10 mins), then clocked out for lunch. Went back at 7 and helped her out.  Needed two o/r; first for a price match, then on the cull wire.  Mucked out the mats and spot-swept until 8:30, then pulled the trash and sanitized the registers and counters. Final customer was at 9:45, then brought in the cull cart. Locked the doors at 10, and when HC K cleaned me out, took the trash to the hopper, then waited for Loader A to bring in the concrete.  Clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K was actually semi-civil to me again:)

Outfit:  Black v-neck tunic, new dark jeggings (it was only high 60s outside), diagonal silver danglies


Day 53:  $4975 (not an accurate account....I was on Mack's ID for 2 hours!)

Shift began with a hi-five from the SM; clocked in, did my LU, then went down to lumber. Things were slow at first; took over for B and did the prelim duties, then Mgr G asked me to sweep the horseshoe when I had time. Which I did at 6, after closing the large door.  Took me an hour; I also swept the hardi board area, the entire perimeter of my area, and in front of Pro. Mack sent me to break at 7:45, and when I returned, started the closing duties. Final customer was at 9:45. Locked the doors, brought in the cull carts. HC J cleaned me out and after I ran the trash to the hopper, I discovered Corporate is coming tomorrow; that explains why Mgr G and Loaders E and N were stocking everything. Returned items to Electrical, Tools, Paint, Hardware, ISLG, and Fashion Bath.  It was when I logged out of my register when I realized I'd been on Mack's account for 2 hours....I forgot to log her out!

ASM K barely spoke to me.

Outfit:  Rebel tee, cut off capris, thin silver hoops


Day 54:  $8928

Arrived and put away my lunchables, then took over for B.  Did the prelim duties, spot-swept, and brought in carts, then got busy around 6, Ran out of $1s, so hopped to #2 until HC K could bring me some. At 8:30, realized I'd not had my break, and HC K said she didn't have anyone to cover for me, so asked Loader E to watch the register while I took a pit stop. Returned and pulled trash, sanitized the registers and counters. Brought in the cull carts and locked the doors at 10. While HC K was cleaning me out, took the trash to the hopper, then returned items to Tools and Paint. Took a cart back to receiving, then clocked out at 10:20.

Think the corporate walk went well; everyone seemed to be in a good mood.

Outfit:  Keep It Up tee. cut off capris, sapphire hoops.

Tomorrow, Lafayette trip!


Day 55:  Rare Saturday $14,824

Day began with leaving Lafayette at 9, and arriving home at 12:30. Popped into Mack's grad party at 2, ate a cookie, brownie, and rice krispy, met her mom, signed her book and dropped a note of wisdom in the jar. Went to work and was thrilled to note ASM K was only on the schedule til 9:) Was in a good mood the entire shift; Kate sent me to break, but was on the phone with the credit center (customer had to update his address), then had another customer ask me to sign him up for a Pro account.  Instructed Kate on how to ring him up, then took my break.  Returned, and was still busy, but also was able to get the prelim duties done. ASM S sent me to lunch at 7:15; first I returned items to Plumbing, Tools, Electrical, Paint, Hardware, Pets, and ISLG. Did my LU, then clocked out for lunch. When I returned, hopped on #2 to help with the line, then moved back to #1. Was constantly busy, and only had time to spot-sweep, muck out the mats, and sanitize the counters. Brought in the cull carts and final customer was at closing. After ASM S cleaned me out, took the trash to the hopper, brought in the final customer's carts, and filled the Monster cooler.  Clocked out around 10:40.

Outfit:  Black Journey tee, new dark jeggings, sapphire hoops.


Day 56:  Rare Sunday $12,035 (even!)

Woke up at 11, and left for Belle's 2nd birthday party at 1. Bought a bag of ice at work, and greeted many regulars. Finally arrived at the party by 2; snapped pics, ate cucumber sandwiches, and DIL J fixed me a care package. Went to work and we were extremely busy. Took a quick pit stop before Marilyn left at 5, and returned items to Hardware. She left at 5:15, and I was able to get the prelim duties done. Got yelled at by a customer, b/c at one point, Loader E was on the register, and said the customer hadn't taken his change.  I went out to ask the customer, who misunderstood me, and thought I was accusing him of not paying.  Turned out the guy was on something....and it was actually funny....but I finally just put my hands up and said 'okay'. We still owed him $6....but what can you do?

Called ASM S at 7:30 to ask for another pit stop, and my final customer left at closing. I brought in the cull carts and locked the doors after the customer left. Put up my vest, then returned a shepherd's hook to LG.  Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit:  Black lace tee, cut off capris, sapphire hoops

No comments: