Thursday, May 13, 2010
W, helping neighbor load the lawn mowers onto trailer:)
2010 Confirmation class of our old parish. Had we not moved, S would have been in this picture. The majority of these kids were in her 1st Communion class.
M (top row, red shirt) is the son of our good friends R & J. His parents are also W's godparents.
I haven't seen many of these kids in over three years; it's hard to believe they look so grown up!
We were at St. Agnes Church in Nashville, IN. Beautiful little church on a hill, and tucked into the woods:)
To the left, in white, is my friend D;
Center, in blue, is J, R, my SU, W, and S (hiding behind her little brother).
Between my SU and S is K's friend A, who has grown into a lovely young woman. She'll be attending IUPUI next year. Her little brother was also being confirmed.
M, doing the first reading. I didn't get a good picture of he and K receiving the Bishop's blessing; it was rather crowded.
I also walked up to our priest before the service and asked, "Is it appropriate to hug your favorite priest?"
Fr. J opened his arms and said, "Of course!"
Since I'm not Catholic, I can't receive Communion, but I did go forward for his blessing. Our priest down here doesn't do that.
Afterwards, R & J treated us to a wonderful meal at the Holy Cow restaurant:)
Here are the boys acting goofy.
Then M attempted to pick up K! Ummm...I think he needs a little more help...
True or False?
1) I'm an only child Nope; I have a younger sister.
2) I married right out of high school Nope; went on to college and married at age 25.
3) I've won a Grammy and an Oscar In my dreams, maybe....
4) I was named after The Unsinkable Molly Brown Partially true; my parents used to tease me about it.
5) I once slam-dunked a basketball TRUE! I had a little help from a 6'7" basketball player in the summer of 1986:) Dolas, I'll always be thankful!
6) I'm a Coke gal Nope. It takes me 90 minutes to drink a Pepsi, and I once managed to drink nearly a can of Coke in 8 hours. I'm strictly a Pepsi gal...unless it has rum in it. Then I'll drink it in about an hour or less, if the mix is just right:)
7) I can run a mile in 8 minutes Not anymore; I could do this in jr. high and high school, but now I'm good if I can WALK a mile in ten minutes...
So how did you do?