Monday, June 13, 2011

Back Into The Writing Cave...

I'm pulling double duty this week. I'm up to Ch 4 on Gretchen's story, and could use some input. Here's the blurb:
Gretchen McLaren has her life mapped out. Peace Corps, then settling down as a social worker, working with the elderly. But her boyfriend Joe Walker doesn’t agree with her plans. Find out what happens when love and ambition collide, and what happens when true love has been under your nose the entire time.

I initially titled it Love The Second Time Around, but have since changed my mind. A brainstorming with my crit group two years ago produced 'Age of Circumstance', but that seems more suited to a Regency.

Other titles up for consideration:
Open Your Eyes
Love In The Balance
Balancing Act

Don't like any of those? I'm taking suggestions.

Week #1 of Aunt Molly's Summer Reading Program went well:) Now I hope to continue. Kids do a worksheet or two; they do reading games on the computer (Tumble Books), and they each read to me individually. They enjoyed meeting the sled dog last week, and the librarian promised to email the pictures she took, since I stupidly left my camera at home.

This Wednesday, we're going to hear a presentation on Greece, and get to sample some food. Then, providing it's not too hot, we're off to the playground for an Olympic Obstacle Course.

I've been getting up early in order to check my email, chat loops, and work on LTSTA. Later in the afternoon, I hop on again....and after dinner/before bed. So far, this routine seems to be working.

Tomorrow, Laura Tolomei will be here, so give her a warm welcome:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like Love in the Balance. Glad you found a happy medium with the kids and writing. Be sure to take some Molly time...it's important!

Marie Rose Dufour said...

I like the title Balancing Act! I agree with Amber, make sure that you take some time for yourself.

Molly Daniels said...

I think Balancing Act is winning the votes! Someone suggested When Love Hurts, but don't know if I like it or not. It's growing on me.