Thursday, June 30, 2011

When It Rains, It Pours!

Currently Reading: Overlord's Chosen by Bronwyn Green. It's been three or four years since I read this, and am enjoying it again:) I wanted to refresh my memory before diving into Asher's story, which I should get to next week. Also reading Temptation by Jude Deveraux


What a week this has been! Last Thursday I was flying high because I'd received contracts for both Love On The Rocks and Love Finds A Way. Tuesday, I happened to glance at the 'coming soon' page and discovered Kenzie's Appetite For Desire was listed as arriving July 6th. Yesterday morning, received word that yes, I should be receiving edits soon.

So, imagine my surprise when I logged into my email before going to bed last night. No, not edits for AFD; edits for Teacher's Pet! And boy, is it ever full of 'red ink'. Apparently, my new 'favorite' word is 'as'. So it looks as if I'm going to have to completely rewrite the prologue, or at least page one. Too many 'as' and too much 'telling' vs 'showing'.

My self-edits on Balancing Act are coming along quite nicely. I'm up to page 77 and Gretchen is beginning to find her backbone again. Heading into the fun part of the book now:)

In other family news, my daughter turns 17 this weekend. Saturday we're lunching with the grandparents, and on Sunday, she wants a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake and a huge cookie from the store. Plus brats and hamburgers on the grill. We might even set off a few early firecrackers.

Don't know if I'll post a July 1971 'memory' or not tomorrow; depends on how much time I have tonight or tomorrow. It's 'payday' for us, and we may get an early start on grocery shopping. Plus, I hope to take the 'grandkids' to the carnival in the evening.

So have a safe holiday weekend!

2 comments:

Linda Kage said...

Ack! Sounds like you have a full schedule. Have fun with all that. But don't forget to enjoy the fireworks this weekend. Have a happy 4th!

Molly Daniels said...

Thanks Linda:) Yup, going to be a busy editing weekend!