Monday, June 27, 2011

Catching up #2: Interview and New Release Schedule

I know, I know....I've been a lousy blogger this summer. So I'm thankful when friends step in to help me out:) Friend and fellow author Linda Kage interviewed me on her blog today; why don't you stop in and say hi?

New Release Schedule:
Sept: Kenzie's Appetite For Desire
Oct: Book #1 of Arbor University, Love On The Rocks
Dec: Book #2, Love Finds A Way
Jan 2012: Book #3, Forbidden Love:)

Keep checking back for new covers of books #1 and 2:)

Currently Reading: Finished Phantoms and Photographs by Cindy Spencer Pape last night. Awesome, but I felt the ending was slightly rushed (word count restriction, maybe?). Otherwise, definite Recommended Read! Now I'm re-reading Bronwyn Green's Overlord's Chosen, formally known as Overlord's Vessel. Had to force myself to put it down around 1am!

Last week was a blur. Monday, the spouse went north for an echo cardiogram of his heart (everything looks good!) and picked up MDQ and ME's clothes and a few items, such as MDQ's teddy bear and ME's PSP. Kids and I fixed potato stroganoff, since we didn't know when he'd be home. And both kids were thrilled to have more clothing choices!

Side rant: When my kids were this age, and first got their PSP's or even the Nintendo system, they played video games nonstop for two or three days, then resumed normal activity. So, I let ME play his PSP....and he still carries it everywhere. Starting this week, he's getting limited to an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. I will admit, at least he knows how to entertain himself. His sister, one year older at 9.75 (she'll be ten in roughly five weeks), seems 'appalled' when we have nothing planned for the day. Doesn't want to read, unless I read with her; TV is restricted so that's not an option; her first question is always 'what are we going to DO today?' After Reading Time, I let them have 'recess' if we have no errands to run. When I was her age, I hated being dragged around town on errands in the summer time, and preferred to stay home, to play with my friends, ride my bike, play with my dolls, or read! Is 'play' not in her vocabulary, unless she has someone to 'play with' all the time?

Okay, rant over. As I was saying....Tuesday, my spouse and youngling took off for Cub Scout Day Camp. MDQ, ME, and I went to the pool, getting rained on in the process. I also had put together a lasagna, so I popped it into the oven and went to my writer's meeting, popping into Anny's chat for an hour. Came home to chaos, and was not able to return to chat, which turned out okay, since Anny's internet shut down and she had to cut it short anyway.

Wednesday, another day of Cub Scout Camp. Took MDQ to dentist; picked up Adoptee B and went to Japanese program at the library. Afterward, MDQ and AB made kites. Pics are up on Kenzie's Place. Fixed pork chops for dinner.

Thursday, we relaxed from the hectic day before and made homemade chicken tetrazzini. I also received contracts for Love On The Rocks and Love Finds A Way:)

Friday was low-key; the boys returned from Cub Scout Camp with awesome stories and souveniers of the BB Gun shooting range and the bow and arrow targets! I've forgotten what I fixed for dinner, but MDQ and I made a Caesar Pasta Salad to go with it....

Saturday, fixed White Bean Chili with Chicken and a Tomato Parmesan Pasta Salad. Also had corn muffins. YUM! Storms hit, knocking out the power for several hours, and causing flash floods around town. K got caught in it, returning home from a party. Fortunately, a friend who works for one of the towing companies recognized his truck and only charged him $50 for the tow (he stood up to his boss over who would tow it). Otherwise, it would have been closer to $200.

And yesterday, fixed my last rack of ribs. Kids were thrilled:)

Looking ahead....SU was supposed to go north again on Wednesday for another dr's appointment, but it's been rescheduled for July 27th. ME and youngling will have another tutoring session on Thursday, and our library books are due back on Wednesday. Looks like another low-key week. I'm also going to try to fill out the cover art requests on all three AU books. Wish me luck!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Luck! I want a quiet week too. :)

Molly Daniels said...

My main complaint is every time I get on the computer, MDQ comes in and says she's bored. Even right now, she's asking the spouse about what is planned for the day, and when can she play a game on the computer? Grrr......we REALLY need to get the wifi up and running!!