Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hump Day Hook:)

I'm moving my BWSNBNS posts to Thursday, so check back tomorrow for Chs 3 and 4:)  And boy is it a doozy!



Welcome to the new Wednesday feature on this blog!  This technically began two weeks ago, but I was busy entertaining you with the Book Which Shall Not Be Named. 

Every Wednesday, I'll be posting a paragraph or two about either a released book or WIP.  And since this is NaNoWriMo, today you get a peek into Lynne Harcourt's life.  She's the heroine of book #8, Love Is Color Blind.  In this scene, Lynne's announced she made the Pep Squad, the dance troupe.  Enjoy:)


“Hey, baby, got good news for you.”  Lynne smiled into the phone. She told him her news, and then sighed.  “Nicky, you’re going to get into trouble if you don’t stop it.  Yeah, bring it over.  Athletes!”  She hung up  and rolled her eyes.  “His history report is due tomorrow, and he’s not even done writing it.  He wants my help with the rest of it, and then wants me to type it up.”  She flopped down on her bed.  “Did anybody take American History recently?”
         
“I took World History,” volunteered Gretchen.  “What’s his topic?”
            
“Something about the expansion of the West, or the Oregon Trail.  With Nicky, who knows.  I’ve typed reports that wander all over the place.  Once, I couldn’t stand it anymore, and just rewrote the damn thing.  He got a ‘B’ instead of a ‘C’, and I hope he doesn’t want me to write it for him.”  Lynne shook her curls.
            
“And you shouldn’t.  What happens if he doesn’t make it to the pros?  He’ll have to have an education to fall back on.”
            
“I know, but try to tell him that.”

Want to read other Hump Day Hook snippets?  Click here and enjoy:)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

love her attitude. she sounds like a fun character.

Unknown said...

Enjoyed your post! :)

Molly Daniels said...

Thank you ladies for stopping by! And yes, she is a fun character to write:)

Unknown said...

This is great!

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

She sounds fun!

Molly Daniels said...

Thanks Kathleen and Flossie:)