I was supposed to post this last week, but forgot *ducks head*. Don't hate me; I don't even remember half the things I did last week! Yes, this has been a hectic month....
1) What is the working title of your next book?
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
The first seven books in the Arbor University Tales series are based on close friends; this is my BFF's story.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
I jokingly call it 'Young Adult Smut'. It actually falls under the Women's Fiction genre with historical and YA elements.
4) Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie adaptation?
Caitlyn: Young Meg Ryan
Bryan: James Lafferty
Peter: Channing Tatum
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of the book?
Barbie and Ken go off to college and endure a series of mishaps, esp when Barbie gets fed up with Ken and decides she wants to change her life.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
This will release Feb 2013 with Sweet Cravings Publishing
7) How long did it take to write the first draft of this manuscript?
I think it took five or six weeks....
8) Which other books would you compare this book to within your genre?
Probably any Judy Blume book???
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
My BFF. She went through some bizarre twists and turns in her relationships with three different guys. I combined two of them to make it easier.
10) What else about this book might pique the reader's interest?
After writing it, I sent it to my BFF who first called me in tears "Why didn't you TELL me?" (I'd tried, but she hadn't been willing to listen), then later, "It's nice to see what my life would have turned out, had I stayed on track."