Monday, November 18, 2019

Life As A Red Vest, Week 34

Day 155:
Began the evening up front, then was sent to Lumber.  Took my break at 6:30, and returned fifteen mins later.  I'd already done the pop count and collected the tax exempts, but five mins after Aliscia took them up front, I had another tax exempt.

Around 7:30, Robert, the swing-maker guy on 2nd St, came in and handed me two $100 bills.  They just didn't look right, so I called HC MK, who came down, looked at 'em, then opened my register and pulled out another bill to compare.  Sure enough, the two he'd given me were fake.  He told me he'd gotten them from a customer that day, from Illinois, who'd bought a swing from him.  He was upset to learn he'd been taken.  MK gave them back to him, and we pushed his cart to the side.  He didn't come back, so I'm assuming he's trying to track down the guy who'd hosed him!

I'm expecting when I work next, to be taken aside and told what to do when finding any further fake bills.

Finished my closing duties, and shined up the place more, since Corporate's coming in tomorrow.

Outfit:  Red plaid shirt, black vest, dark flex jeggings, gold hoop earrings.


No comments: