Monday, June 5, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W15

 Day 65:  $7759

Woke up not feeling that great, but after lunch at Arby's and walking around Walmart, I felt okay, so went in. Mistake....by 7 I was going downhill. Got all my closing duties done; did my LU and AP4Me, but sniffled, sneezed, and coughed my way through the night. Loader N brought in the cull cart; it was too heavy for me. Locked the doors at 10 and after HC C cleaned me out, took the trash to the hopper and returned an item to Aisle 10.  Clocked out at 10:30.  Told ASM S I was probably going to call in tomorrow, unless a miracle happened.

Outfit:  Hank Plank tee, cut off capris, thin gold hoops


Day 66:  $7903

Felt better today, though I sounded horrible.  Went in and took over for B, and started the closing duties. Dealt with a 'headache' of a customer, who wanted everything done 'yesterday'. He finally left around 6:30. Shift was fast; needed 2 o/r....one for a discounted fridge, and the other to print out the loading ticket. Jaylee sent me to break at 8:20, and when I returned, started the closing duties. Brought in the cull carts at 10 and locked the doors. Cough drops tried to drown me twice; once in front of a customer, and once while waiting for HC J to arrive. Sanitized the registers and mucked out all the mats.  Returned items to Electrical and Hardware. Clocked out at 10:30.

I'm Cashier of the Month again!!!!

Outfit:  Black Mom tee, cut off capris, thin gold hoops



Day 67:  $5868

Sounded better today, though still stuffy.  Arrived and was told my SM J, "I wish you'd been here fifteen mins ago.....I was bragging on you to one of our District Managers for being COTM twice in a row."

Gee, thanks for putting me on her radar, Jeff....

Took over for B; did the prelim duties, and new hire Em arrived to do the soda count.  She was THRILLED when I told her about the chart! Later, she came down and filled it:)

Had two CFH:  A wanted blocks from top stock, and thankfully Loader N was back from lunch by then. DS G sent Dale down to spot him.  B wanted the 2x4s from outside, and didn't listen to me when I told him I'd have to get the FORKLIFT to move the safety pallet.  He tried to move it and tore it up...."I didn't know there were bags of sand inside...." DS G went out and yelled at him.

Had to take the trash to Receiving; the trash compactor's broken again.  Found the large trash bags for outside and took a roll to lumber. Told Loader N about them, in case he and DS G felt ambitious enough to switch out the trash!  Returned one item to Lights, and put up my vest after ASM S cleaned me out. Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit: Purdue tee, cut off capris, thin gold hoops

I'm off to Superman Celebration on Friday!!!

No comments: