Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W 26

 Day 113:  $6555

Arrived and took over for K; found out B returns on Thurs. Was a little busy until 5:30, when I finally did the prelim duties, and put away the rest of the soda Kari had brought down.  Mgr G had me set up a cull cart.  Austin sent me to lunch at 6:30, and when I returned, did my LU, AP4Me, and swept the place.  At 8:30, pulled the trash, mucked under the mats, and sanitized the registers and counters. Brought in one cull cart; G brought in the other. Locked the doors at 10; Timo (German guy-Very helpful!) took my trash to the hopper.  Mgr G brought in the concrete; ASM SC and S cleaned me out. Returned items to Tools and Hardware.  Clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K was off:)

Outfit: Red LU, dark capris, thin gold hoops


Day 114:  $9721

Arrived and took over for K. Was fairly busy the 1st hour, then things slowed. Did the prelim duties, and checked my email. Marilyn sent me to lunch at 5:45. Came back an hour later was irrationally pissed off at her....she pulled the trash!  I don't do it until at LEAST 8:30! Swept the entire area and mucked out the mats, then at 8:30, pulled the outside trash (she'd left that one for me!), and discovered she put the wrong liner in the small trash can by the cooler; I'd put 3 large liners (for outside) in the locker, and we were now down to only one.  At least now we have one for tomorrow.....and if we still don't have any tomorrow night, then Friday is SOL, and I'm off anyway.

Locked the doors at close (final customer was at 9:15), and Mgr G brought in the concrete and took the trash.  After HC C cleaned me out, returned items to Aisle 21 and 17, then Hardware, and took the LG cart back.

ASM K was off tonight:)

Outfit:  Indian motorcycle tee, dark capris, copper/larimar danglies


Day 115:  $5067

Arrived and was up front for 2 hours, on #10 and self-checkout. Went outside to give Dawson a break, but he said he was okay, thankfully, because within that short amount of time, I was ready to melt! (Heat index was 115!)  Went to lumber and took over for B, then did the prelim duties. Rob sent me to break at 7, and when I returned, swept the area, mucked the mats, and pulled the trash. Locked the doors at 9:55 and took the trash to the hopper when HC C cleaned me out.  Loader E brought in the concrete; I returned items to Aisle 18, Millwork, Electrical, and Hardware.  Clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K closed, but thankfully, only saw her a few times.

Outfit:  Rob Strong tee, dark capris, double hearts.

Off tomorrow for Shia and Tristan's wedding, then off to Geek Con Sat, and a day of rest for Sunday!

No comments: