Monday, August 7, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W24

 Day 101:  $9907

Arrived and took over for B, who said he'd had a slow day. Did the prelim duties, then had a customer pay with a check that #1s printer didn't like.  Jumped to #2, where it worked, and called ASM SC down to fix the printer and help out. Got back on #1 after issue was fixed.  Had another customer whose card declined; saved it and pushed his 3 carts to the side.  5 mins later, he's back; I brought it up, he paid and left.  Did my AP4Me and LU. Milee sent me to break at 7:30. and when I returned, had her wait while I went to get trash bags.  Got stopped by a lady in Hardware, and tried to help her, then returned.  Discovered M with a back up, and a customer with a LAC they couldn't find.  Hopped on #2 to help with the line, and a customer said, "Oh thank god...you're our favorite!"

Afterwards, swept the area while ASM SC and M dealt with the customer.  Turned out they were trying to use an old account, which had been flagged as fraud, and the new one hadn't come in yet.  They were upset with ASM SC, but there was nothing he could do. After they used another form of payment and left, I got back on #1. At 8:30, pulled trash, mucked out the mats, sanitized the registers and counters, and brought in the cull cart.  Final customer left at 9:55. Locked the doors; HC C cleaned me out.  I'd already returned items to Tools before my break, so all I had to do was wait for Loader N to bring in the concrete and take the hopper around.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Had 4 shoplifters in the buidling tonight.  Loader N deterred one; others deterred the other 3.

ASM K left at 4:)

Outfit:  Gray America tee, dark capris, thin gold hoops.


Day 102:  $8932

Arrived and took over for B, then did the prelim duties, plus soda count. Did my LU and Harrassment training,  HC C brought down the soda; I then handed her the Monster count, and put away the Coke and Pepsi. Continued ringing up customers, then the rain hit.  HC C brought down the Monsters, and I put them away. Around 8, got extremely busy with two customers each with several carts. Needed to check on a Robot sweeper; we had none, HC J arrived to give me my break at 8:45. After I returned, I realized I'd not pulled the trash, so did that, and promptly got yelled at by ASM J for "leaving the register".  I'm sorry....A) She TOLD me it was my responsibility LAST YEAR, and now she says not to do it?  Because AP was already pulling the outside trash (on the opposite side of the canopy, where I'm not allowed to go)??  For the record, that's the FIRST TIME I've EVER seen anyone (sans Lumber Associates) empty those cans!!!  So what the F***does she expect me to do?  Vented all this at ASM S when he and HC C came to clean me out.  He said to ignore her....

I did a quick sweep of the area and mucked out the mats, then shut off the fan, locked the doors, and after Loader N took the trash and brought in the concrete, I put up my vest and returned items to Paint and Hardware.  Clocked out at 10:20.

ASM K left at 4:)

Outfit:  Gray LU Plank tee, dark capris, blue sapphire hoops


Day 103:  $8568 (and 2 cents)

Arrived an petted a cockatoo named Peaches:)  Then joined B until he left around 5:15.  Was busy until 6, then started doing the prelim duties and soda count. Austin P brought the soda down and I helped him fill everything.  Rained heavily again. Austin sent me to break at 7 and when I returned, swept the area and sanitized the registers. Did my LU. Was slightly busy at 8:30, then pulled trash at 9. Final customer was at 9:30. Locked the doors at 9:55.  After Loader E took the trash and brought in the concrete, returned items to Plumbing, Lights, Paint, and Hardware, then put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:20.

ASM K left at 4:)

Outfit:  Brown blouse, dark capris, brown/green bangles


Day 104:  $9183 (and 2 cents)

Arrived and took over for B, plus learned I'd be training Sage from Flooring.  She took over at 6 and did well, but then HC B 'kidnapped' her and I later learned she was on Self-Checkout. Did the prelim duties and fronted the soda, and swept the area. At 9, pulled trash and Olivia from Hardware sent me to break.  Came back and sanitized the registers and counters, and locked the doors at 9:55 after last customer left. Returned items to Plumbing, Hardware, and Flooring, then put up my vest, clocked out at 10:25, and took Lee to the ER.  A mutual friend Kait went along to stay with her; L's IBS was getting worse.

ASM closed, and heard her say she's off tomorrow!!!

Outfit:  Gray Purdue tee, cut off capris, small diamond flowers


Day 105:  $18,588

Arrived and took over for B, who told me his stats were down, due to training someone.  Things began a little slow; was able to get the prelim duties done....and then the sh*t show began.  I was slammed, and at 6:40, when I came up for air, I'd donw over $12K in sales. Then my next rush began....and by 7:30, I was up to over $13K. Austin sent me to break at 7:30, and when I returned, HE had a line.  Hopped over on #2 to help out, and that rush was over by 8. I swept the area and pulled the trash at 8:30, but by 9, my sales had risen to over $18K.  Things began to die down, and was able to sanitize the counters and registers, front the soda, do my LU, and check my email.  By 9:30, when my final customers left, I'd added nearly $300 to the total. Locked the doors at 10, and after Loader N took the trash and brought in the concrete, put up my vest and returned items to ISLG and LG.  Clocked out at 10:25.

ASM K was off today!  Tomorrow, I'm off to Hannah House in Indy:)

Outfit:  Blue flowered blouse, cut of capris, double hearts danglies


Day 106:  Rare Sunday  $12,238

Arrived and took over for Marilyn.  Was swamped until 4:30, then did the prelim duties.  Had another rush until 5, when I fronted the soda.  Olivia came to send me to break at 5:30, and things had died down somewhat.  I headed to the break room and had a woman flag me down TWICE in Electrical, but her spouse said he'd found it both times. Afterward, I was busy until 6:30, when I started the closing duties.  Pulled trash and swept, then at 7 sanitized the registers. and mucked out the mats.

Needed one o/r for cull boards; I'd already discounted one and rung up his soda and candy bar.  ASM K came down, and did 50% off the ENTIRE cart.

HC J cleaned me out at 8; I locked the doors and waited for Loader E to bring in the concrete and take the trash.  Closed the large door and returned items to Electrical, Hardware, ISLG, and Flooring.  Put up my vest and went up front. Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit:  Black lace tee, dark capris, silver crosses

No comments: