Monday, August 14, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W25

 Day 107:  $9096 (and 1 cent)

Was called in early, due to B being sick.  Arrived and clocked in, then a gentleman asked me to help him find R/O filters.  I did, then he was asking me a bunch of questions I couldn't answer.  Got ticked at both Pro Z and Loader A, b/c they wouldn't come help me.  Z was on lunch and A 'didn't know anything about the filters'.  Called a Code 3 and told the customer hopefully someone else would arrive.  Went to my register and found Kem in a small panic; she needed to leave, and I'd been delayed. 1st customer was fine; 2nd customer had 2 carts, then a declined card.  Instead of paying with another, he called his bank and got the runaround for 10 mins, THEN paid with another card.  Rest of hour 1 went smooth. Hour 2, customer needed 34 sheets of drywall.  Loader A was on the forklift, doing something at the far end.  Even when he got off, he didn't respond to my Code 50 or even to call me.  Finally, he came over and claimed he'd not heard me.  It was pouring down rain at that point, and customer had also purchased some OSB.  He went to get his trailer; Loader A got the drywall and loaded it.  Loader N arrived and helped.

Things slowed down; Em sent me to a 15 min break at 5:30, and when I returned, began the closing duties.  After ASM K left at 6, I checked my email, did my LU, and the AP4Me. Kari sent me to lunch at 7:30, and when I returned at 8:15, swept the entire area and pulled the trash. Sanitized the registers and counters, and mucked out the mats. Locked the doors at 9:55 and N took the trash and brought in the concrete and cull cart. After HC C cleaned me out, returned items to Electrical, Aisle 21, Tools, Hardware, and the front end.  Found out ASM S will be over LG; no word yet who's taking over for him.  I heard Bre, Chelsea, and even Tasha had been contacted.

Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Blue LU tee, cut off capris, Yukon Gold button studs

Off tomorrow; headed to Lafayette to take Mom to her hair appt!


Day 108:  $9679 (and 3 cents)

Discovered B is going to be out for a while with kidney stones. Told Kylie to fix my schedule so I don't have to keep explaining why I'm clocking in 2 hours early from now on. Took over for Kem, did the soda count. At 5, did the prelim duties, and started sweeping. At 6:15, Austin came down to send me to lunch, but I was dealing with a customer who wanted our discounted drywall.  A put away the soda while I was waiting for an o/r, and I helped him.  Finally, G arrived and fixed it; customer paid and left. I went to lunch. When I returend an hour later, continued to sweep. At 8:30, pulled trash. At 9, mucked out the mats, sanitized the registers and counters. Locked the doors at 9:55, and while HC C cleaned me out, took the trash to the hopper. G brought in the concrete, then I returned items to Aisle 21, Millwork, Electrical, Tools, Paint, and Lights. Put up my vest and clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K was off:)

Outfit:  Blue Vegas tee, cut off capris, small gold hoops.


Day 109:  $10,226

Arrived and took over for a very relieved Kem; the schedule said I was to come in at 3:30!  Rang up customers and fronted the soda, then at 5 did the prelim duties.  HC J sent me to break at 5:30 and when I returned, wrote for about 90 mins, in between customers.  At 7, all hell broke loose; Loader E went to lunch; a contractor reported he'd received the wrong shingles; another contractor said everything had been delivered except the hot water heater pans; another customer needed drywall, and a 4th needed OSB.  OSB was outside; Dale got the drywall; HC K came down to deal with the shingles; I told the other guy to go get the pans; I'd leave Pro J a note. Hopped on #2 while K was tracking down shingles, then Milee came down to send me to lunch.  Came back at 8:30 and pulled the trash, and discovered #1 had stopped working. Swept entire area, plus mucked the mats and sanitized the registers.  After Loader E took the trash and brought in the concrete, returned items to Hardware and Flooring. Put up my vest and clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K was off:)

Outfit:  Alaskan Hwy tee, cut off capris (which ripped in the inner thigh.  Had to toss 'em when I got home.), Mickey Mouse


Day 110:  $15,738

Arrived and learned Loader E hadn't shown up. Dale from Electrical was my back up, and thankfully he only had to help out a few times.  I also realized I probably wasn't going to get my hour break, and I was right; I only gor 30 mins. But got the prelim duties done, and discovered a cart full of soda, which I filled the coolers. HC C sent me to break and afterward, the pin pad quit, so hopped to #2. C fixed the issue, thankfully!  Was swamped from 7:30-8, then things died down slightly. Pulled trash and swept the area, but had multiple LARGE orders until 9:30.  I only sanitized the coffee bar, then brought in the cull carts and locked the doors.  Supervised Theresa bringing in the concrete and blocks, then closed the large door and took the trash to the hopper.  Returned an item to RTM, and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:30, and left Dale a note at the front, thanking him for his help and cheerful attitude.

ASM K left at 4:)

Outfit:  Blue Vancouver Aquarium tee, dark capris, sea horses


Day 111:  Rare Saturday  $9428

Today was a shit show.  I left my phone at Chavez and didn't realize it until 4:30.  Went back; it's gone; phone goes to voice mail when you call it. I was in tears; hubby's pissed. Got to work; ASM S tried to track it; only said it was last active at Chavez.  Clocked in and helped with the massive line, then realized I'd not gone to the bathroom, so Loader E watched the register.  I came back and things had calmed down.  Did the prelim duties and tried to keep my whining to a minimum.  Got everything cleaned and swept.  Didn't get my break. Had to have Loader E take over again around 9. Pulled trash, mucked the mats, fronted the soda (again), and sanitized registers and counters. Loader E took the trash and brought in the concrete; I returned items to Aisle 21, Plumbing, Electrical, Tools, and Paint. Clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K left at 4:)

Outfit:  JHS band tee, dark capris.


Day 112:  Rare Sunday  $5753

Arrived and helped Marilyn with the line. We were slightly busy, and she left at 5.  Things died down a little, and was able to do the prelim duties. HC J sent me to break at 5:30, and when I returned, continued ringing up customers.  Did my LU.  Final customer left at 8; locked the door behind him.  When HC B cleaned me out, Loader E walked her; I took the trash to the hopper.  Opened the large door so he could bring in the concrete, then shut it again and returned an item to Electrical, then put up my vest.  Clocked out at 8:30.

ASM K left at 5:)

Outfit:  Gold tee, dark capris, sapphire hoops

No comments: