Monday, August 28, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W27

 Day 116:  $9189

Was asked to come in at 3; B had called off. Took over for Kari, and did the prelim duties around 4. My dustmop was MIA, so spot-swept the problem areas. HC B sent me to break at 6:30 and told me my lunch was at 8. Did my AP4Me. Rob sent me at 8, and before I left, ASM K asked me if I knew how to print loading tickets, then told me my mission was to teach the others. When I returned, he'd started pulling the trash, so I showed him how to print the loading ticket and WHY it was important. Then I finished pulling the trash, mucked out the mats, and sanitized the registers. At 9:45, brought in the cull cart.  Locked the doors at 10; Mgr G brought in the concrete and took the trash. HC B cleaned me out, plus took my returns for me. I shut the door after G returned and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:20.

Outfit:  IN tee, dark capris, small crystal hoops


Day 117:  $7119

Was asked to come in at 3 the rest of the week, due to B taking FMLA. Arrived and took over for Kim, then tolerated ASM K's presense for the next 2 hours, until the Pro's left, and she left the area.   At one point, Pro K needed an o/r, so I paged for one and SM J came down:) Did the prelim duties. Kate sent me to lunch at 6, and when I returned, swept the area and pulled the trash. Josh sent me to my break at 9, and again, when I returned, mucked out the mats and sanitized the registers. Brought in the cull cart and locked the doors at 9:55. After HC B cleaned me out, took the trash to the hopper and returned items to Hardware and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K left at 6:)

Outfit:  Gray LU Plank tee, dark capris, filigree hoops


Day 118:  $9956

Arrived and took over for Rob (Kem left at 2:30), then 20 mins later needed an emergency trip to the bathroom.  Fortunately, ASM S was there, so he took over while I took care of business.  Returned 10 mins later, and things were fine Did the prelim duties and my LU. ASM K left at 4; Rob sent me to lunch at 5; when I returned, swept the entire area, mucked out the mats, handled a small rush at 7, and pulled the trash at 8:30. Sanitized the registers at 9, and locked the doors at 10.  We even offered free drinks to people willing to take surveys; I had 2 people do it.

After ASM S cleaned me out, returned items to Plumbing, Electrical, and Hardware. Put up my vest and clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit: Blue/white strip tee, dark capris, silver links


Day 119:  $10,810

Arrived and took over for Kem, and was instantly busy. At one point my non-English speaking PITA customer wanted the broken bags of concrete, but Loader E was nowhere to be found, so I went outside to look.  Came back in and ASM K scolded me for leaving the register.  Rang her up, then she decided she wanted all of them.  By now, Loader E was outside; I went to the door to let him know she was taking the entire cart.  ASM K again scolded me for leaving the register.  I thought, "Who the hell do you think CLEANS the entire area?  I HAVE to leave my register!" But I controlled myself.  Then later, a customer brought down a toolbox, but couldn't find the keys.  I called Tools, but got no answer, so called Hardware, who, after taking the item #, told me it was b/c people had been stealing the keys.  As I'm getting this info, ASM K walks up, asks me what I'm doing, then rolled her eyes and asked the customer.  I got off the phone and relayed what Diana had told me.  ASM K calmed down and went on her merry way.  At 5, Rob came down and sent me to lunch. Afterward, I swept the area (somewhat....I skipped the area in front of the Pro desk, the horseshoe, and the other areas I do in Aisles 19 and 20), and rang up customers. Also did my LU and finished the prelim duties. At 8:15, Austin sent me to break. Afterward, I returned and discovered I'd have a trainee with me.  Pulled trash, mucked out the mats, sanitized the registers and counters, brought in the cull carts, and rang up less than 5 customers. But I DID show her a few things, and how to request time off. Steph walked HC Brit up front while Loader E took the trash hopper and brought in the concrete.  After locking the doors, returned items to Paint, Lights, Hardware, and Pets. Put up my vest and clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit: Black/gray blouse, dark capris, filigree danglies


Day 120:  $9621

Arrived and took over for Kem; was busy for 2 hours, ringing up customers, then did the prelim duties. Rob sent me to lunch at 6, and did my LU before clocking out.  When I returned, swept the entire area. Austin sent me to break at 8, and when I returned, he had a line, and ASM K was helping someone else on #2. I joked, "I left you alone for 15 mins!" Mucked out the mats, pulled trash. Final customer left at 9:45, then brought in the cull carts and locked the doors at 10.  Loader E took the trash and brought in the concrete; HC Brit cleaned me out, and we walked up front after I closed the large door.  Didn't have any returns tonight!  Put up my vest and clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K was actually rather civil toward me.

Outfit:  Yellow Fla tee, dark capris, sea horses


Day 121:  Rare Sat $7039

Arrived and discovered Katy dealing with my difficult customer.  K didn't know how to check the balance of a gift card; I did, so K took over while I hopped to #2 and rang up two customers.  Then I noticed K looking confused, so I had us switch; I rang up the customer, ran the GC with no issues. Then asked K if she was leaving; she said she was there til close.  Looked at the schedule; I was supposed to be up front!  So went up and got on #10 for 90 mins, then took my break at 7.  Sent Amy to lunch and had a CFH immediately at self-checkout, but it was quickly straightened out.  Had to get back on 10 when a customer wanted to write a check; Dale was helping someone, so I told him to look as if he knew what he was doing while I helped the customer!  When Amy returned, went down to Lumber to give Katy her hour lunch, and ended up staying.  Filled the soda, gathered the paperwork, consolidated the trash, and 30 mins later, the 'rush' began, and #1 locked up.  Had to have HC B come down and talk to IT to get it straightened out. Final customer was at 9. Pulled trash; dustmop was MIA. Did my LU and requested my vacation in Nov, as well as my other Oct dates. Brought in the cull carts and locked the doors at 10. Loader E took the trash and brought in the concrete.  HC B cleaned me out; returned items to Tools and Hardware. Put up my vest and clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K left at 6.

Outfit: Gray Blessed Grandma tee, dark capris, red/white danglies

No comments: