Monday, November 8, 2010

Breathe....

Where did last week go?

I'm having editing issues. I was fine until chapter five...and then I discovered I've forgotten the rule about capitalization and dialogue. Specifically, when to capitalize after removing the dialogue tag. Do I use a comma? If I've used a question mark? What about the word 'smiled'?

Here are some examples, and please tell me if I've got the correct punctuation and capitals.

“How’s business at the store?” she slid into the opposite chair.


“I can’t sell you anything.” The girl sounded irritated.

“Something to drink?” she moved around the kitchen.


“Careful there, hon,” he held up his hands.


“Why don’t you believe me?” He scooted closer to her and reached for her hand.

Okay. Which ones are correct and which ones need changed? Email me off-loop if you'd rather at storimom2@aol.com.

On a good note, I finished reading a couple of YA novels at the store: Charmed, One Tree Hill (The Beginning), and Nancy Drew and the Double Jinx Mystery. I worked mainly the evenings, and daughter wouldn't let me take her laptop.

My interview on Tuesday went well, I think. No word yet. I DID have lunch with a friend, and spent about a half hour wandering through Borders.

This coming week is also going to be a busy one. More edits, and if I finish my edit goals for the day, then I get to work on my NaNo project, sadly neglected since the 1st.

Patricia Pellicane and Scott Baker will be here to entertain you on Tuesday and Thursday, and the next chapter of my teenage romance will continue on Friday, while I'm off to a conference. I won't be back in town to make it to the Vendor Blender, so I'm hoping for a good turnout on Saturday.

On the homefront, my daughter has her 1st official boyfriend. The SU is having a hard time adjusting to the new man in his baby girl's life.

Any advice from others with dating teenagers?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the edits and the daughter. :)

Linda Kage said...

I'm hoping my daughter just skips the teen years!!

Sandra Cox said...

Good luck with job, edits and children:)
Please post the results of the posed questions.

Molly Daniels said...

Amber: Thank you:)

Linda: You're going to need a chastity belt for her; she's already a heartbreaker, LOL:)

Sandra: I think they're all correct except the 'Something to drink?" She moved into the kitchen. ('She' should be capped)