Tuesday, October 18, 2011

LOTR Trivia Contest:)


How to play:

-Read each excerpt between now and Thursday.
-Answer each question about the previous day's excerpt.  Gather the answers and send them to storimom2@aol.com next Monday the 24th and I'll pick a winner:)


Excerpt #2:
“You know this town better than I do. The only place I know that’s open this time of night is Denny’s.”

“That sounds better than Waffle House.” Wayne steered the car in the right direction.

Once seated, Gretchen with a cup of hot chocolate, and Wayne with coffee, and several bacon strips to share, Wayne revealed his turmoil.

“I can’t believe I didn’t see the signs.” He shook his head. “I mean, at first, and please don’t take this the wrong way in any shape or form, but the majority of the girls who hang around the House play by the same rules. There’s no getting serious, they are there strictly for the fun, and if it lasts for a while, it’s great.” He shrugged. If it doesn’t last longer than one night, hey, that’s cool, and they move on. But Elicia...” He paused. “I don’t know what she’s told you about us, but tonight, she made it clear she’s planning long-term, and I don’t want that.”

“The only thing she’s said is how wonderful, and sweet, and sexy you are.” Gretchen sipped her hot chocolate. “And she glows whenever she talks about you, but even I notice she has a tendency to boss you around sometimes.”

“Yeah.” Wayne smiled. “At first it was cool, you know, kind of fun, because later, I would boss her around. And she didn’t seem to mind it, but lately, she’s fucking insane. She’s actually making plans for things I never dreamed about doing.”

“Such as...marriage?” Gretchen seemed to hesitate over the word.

“God, has she talked about marriage?” Wayne set down his coffee cup. “God damn, we’ve only been together six weeks.”

“Calm down." She placed a hand on his arm. “I thought that’s what you were talking about. What plans is she making?”

“Oh, the damn Halloween party, Thanksgiving, and that stupid Christmas Formal."


*****

Question #1:  What was Elicia drinking? (From yesterday's excerpt, remember...)

2 comments:

Linda Kage said...

My, my, Elicia certainly gets around. First she's kissing on Brent in excerpt 1, now she's making Christmas plans with Wayne today. I'm intrigued by the plot of this story!!

Molly Daniels said...

LOL:) I hope you enjoy it!